Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Homemade racer.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fred pooler, Jan 16, 2014.

1. wicarnut

wicarnut

WAY KOOL! You sir, Have some talent and imagination, Again, KOOL! John

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is one nifty ride. A two seat 30's Indy car with 60's Indy Roadster wheels is the look I get.

3. jari12

jari12

Beautiful. I would love to see more pictures of it. Most of all, I would like to see the rear suspension set up. I have a 1927 dodge brothers that I am planning to make into a speedster. It was made into a doodle bug and has no rear suspension so I am looking for ideas.

Thanks.

4. powrshftr

powrshftr

That is a really fine piece of work.Great craftsmanship and really classic looks.
    I agree with the earlier comment that it looks like a two seater early Indy car,back when the mechanic used to ride along.
    I too would like to see some more vintage looking rolling stock on it,but its pretty hard to argue with the amount of fun you're having with it in its current state.
    Great job,glad you're out there putting miles on and having fun! :)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice job! Gary

6. very cool little car, well done..

7. fred pooler

fred pooler

When I cruised the junk yard looking for a project this rear spring set up really caught my eye. I use it for a step to get in as well. I took out 5 leafs to get it to ride comfortably.

Attached Files:

8. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Fred;

Very nicely proportioned. Any pics of the body under construction?

TIA.

Marcus...

9. brando

brando
    from layton, ut

way cool car! I would also be interested in some pics of the body fabrication.

10. fred pooler

fred pooler

I have been trying all day to send out the pictures of the build and the photos just won't upload. I Have only one photo that got on today. Anyone know what I can do?

11. jr9162

jr9162

Fred, you might want to create a photo album in your profile. Load the photos there and you should be able to post them in your threads. I resize my photos in MS Paint, selecting resize, setting pixels at 800 x 600, or 1066 x 800, selecting maintain aspect ratio. I save them (save as) to my desktop, add them to the photo album, then delete said altered images off my desktop. In that fashion, my original 14 megapixel bitmaps remain unaltered in their storage medium.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would suggest loading them on a photo host site and then resizing them and then posting them here from the host site. That is what many of us who post a lot of photos do.

Photobucket, Image shack and Flicker are three popular ones although there are more.

13. TV

TV

I like it, I think if you did all the work you are very talented. Keep building.--TV

14. lahti35

lahti35

How much did it lower the frame taking out those 5 leafs?

I've got a 27 Buick frame i'm turning into a speedster that has the same rear setup... it caught my eye too!

15. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Damn nice work Fred!
    Andy

16. Peter Fielding

Peter Fielding

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    kidcampbell71 likes this.