Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hot Chicks and Cool Rides

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool. Well said PG.

3. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Shows you have times have changed even since the mid 2000's, and not for the better either.

4. Really? That seems like an odd comment. Not sure I understand where it's coming from.

I had a great time talking to Robert and Suzanne Williams at Bonneville last summer. Talk about some amazing stories.

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Cars are being built,
    Cars are being sold,,,
    But what about the art?
    2005 - 2014 not even 10 years.
    Did the Art drive the lifestyle?
    Or was it just a refelection?
    Wez is plugging along, but Pizz? David Perry (one of my heros)? Von Franco (not in the show but still)?
    Max Grundy is making art,,,
    Can someone name the last great Low Brow Art Show?
    I can't..

6. Church

Church
    from South Bay

It was a great show. Glad I went. We're spoiled rotten with car shows and art in California.

Look harder Anthony. There is great art everywhere, LowBrow and otherwise. When I first started collecting, I felt buying a piece of art might help the artist afford to make another piece... to make someone else happy. Support artists.... and they will make more. A bunch of art I have purchased has gone up in value, other pieces, not so much. I don't buy it because it's an investment, I buy it because I like it.

Damian Fulton, Sara Ray, Tidwell, Weesner, Coop, Von Franco, Grundy, Mr. G, Krazy Dotty, Jeff Norwell, Makoto, grimb, Jet Wrench, Flip, Dan Collins, Dennis, McPhail, hell... even I make stuff and I consider myself a designer (not an artist).

Copro Nason has great shows all the time. Corey Helford does too. And the Kustom Kulture II show was solid. The artists at the Mooneyes Japan show alone were mind blowing. Dirk "Pixeleye" Behlau recently released a movie called Flake and Flames. Cars, art and Kulture are alive and well......worldwide. Some people are ini it for the long haul. Others just until they hop on the next trend.

7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Exactly.Buy it because you like it,not because you expected to reap big returns on it.The return is the enjoyment of owning it.

8. Well said.

The Friday Art Show.

Look at the FAS on here every week, lots of fantastic work. There have been some great artists on the HAMB that have wandered off to other parts (Dan Picasso, Tingler, Sailor, just off the top of my head) which is a bit of a bummer, but there's lots of very cool stuff going on still.

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

very cool, would have loved to have been there
    my favorite art hanging in my home office are signed prints from some of those artists
    thanks for the trip back

10. river1

river1

COOL stuff

That manifold pic would be awesome as a Tshirt

later jim

11. Looks like a great gathering.

12. Dont forget about great artists like Ben "Dragdaddy" Mitchell, Chad Scheres, Trapper Shatney as well as up and coming artists like Johnny Jalopy and Milo from Milo's Kustom Kulture Artwerks.

There is a whole lotta outstanding Kulture Art out there. So much art, so little money.

13. McPhail

McPhail

thanks for all you've done Coby. you've helped alot of artists put food on the table more than once. especially me. glad the art is with someone who enjoys it!

14. weez

weez

Same here! People who appreciate and support artists are a rare breed...

That Hot Chicks Cool Rides show was good for me, because they promoted it well and printed the great booklet for the show, in which I got to be one page away from Robert Williams, so that made it all worth it!

15. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

As a participant in this show I agree that it was an outstanding show and I was glad to be in it ..........three Pinhole pics and a life size photo-sculpture of Tom Branch's roadster ........

[​IMG]

16. autobilly

autobilly

Very, very cool, would loved to have gone.

17. Cool artwork...those guys rule for sure!

18. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Just found these ... thought I'd post.

<a href="http://s614.photobucket.com/user/hotrd32/media/HAMB%20Stuff/Burn-Out-mag551_zps15ff7b92.jpg.html" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s614.photobucket.com/user/hotrd32/media/HAMB%20Stuff/Burn-Out-mag-2553_zps11fc007f.jpg.html" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. countspanko

countspanko

going down the road feeling bad 0---going down the road---- an I like it