Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. T__N__A

T__N__A

Sounds like there are gonna be alot of fast bangers there this year! I think the V8 guys are getting scared. Havent heard much from them.....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I lost to both Mike's.....:D

I want to see more pics of people's builds for this year.
    I'm starting to design next years car and it will be a banger.

3. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

you beat me in my last run down the beach by about 25 car lengths. that should cheer ya up a little !!

i lost the first race and the last race , every one in between was either too close to call or i was out front by enough to be sure i won!!

4. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Did you run out of gas.... :))

5. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

^^^^^HAHAHA^^^^^

Thanks BC

6. T__N__A

T__N__A

TJ, Here is the start of my build for this year. It will be a banger.

[​IMG]

7. Rivet

Rivet

Gorgeous, Mike!

8. I'm going to try and double down. Like taking two flathead four-bangers and squishing 'em together....

Not sure if this is my drivetrain for RoG 2014 or 2015.... We'll see how it goes.

53 Packard straight 8

Attached Files:

9. Hey all!

So, ...there will be a new thread started soon for the 2014 TROG. Be on the look out!!!

A lot of details are not finalized yet, otherwise I would get it started. Within the next two to three weeks, you can look for the start of a new TROG thread.

If all plans go right, you will be pleasantly surprised. We are constantly trying to regress, with the line up of cars and Motos. Meaning, we hope to bring you more moving history with our exhibition runs of very special machinery.

There are also a few more rules this year. Simple changes, some I've eluded to already. No paddle tires or aggressive knobbies.

Bikes, we have always wanted to mandate a 1947 cut off. This year we plan to enforce it.

Last year we we got all the races off on the Saturday, leaving Sunday for more fun, and exhibition racing. Car against bike, club member against club member, grudge matches, etc. Just all out fun!

So, we are keeping this option open at the moment. I may let some extra bikes or cars in these races if there is an exceptional car or bike, and or a match up... for a good old fashioned race!

Car cut off... 1953. All parts, under 53.

All rules subject to change if you get some beers in me.

We hope to bring you more action within Wildwood as well, parties, music, etc. We are aware of some people traveling from far with potential race entries, and to spectate. So we would like to show you a good time! We also hope to tune and test on Friday. Which would also be a great day to let the media in for some epic pictures, and, just let the drivers have a blast. Plus we can sh_t talk more on Friday night about the weekends race.

I will tell you this... entries are being submitted. Do not fear, I am not accepting one car/bike entry until Aug. 2nd. You are welcome to submit from now till Aug. 2nd!
    Somewhere around Aug. 10th-15th we will announce the chosen cars and bikes.

We always try to stick to 20 cars, 20 bikes in the beach race. Again, subject to change. There will be exhibition runs by both cars and bikes above the 20 cars, and 20 bikes chosen for the competition.

I can always be reached at my email, [email protected] for more info,etc.

The official date will be to you within the next three weeks.

There are a bunch of gentlemen building specifically for the TROG 2014. Cars are looking really good! Always impressed.

There is a said "T" in the process that is build built and I have seen a few pics and details of, it's far out! I will it's OHV head this weekend while in Ca.

Note, attendees with hot rods and customs. There will be a big lot this year for old car/bike parking. We will make sure the part swings over there for a good time.

I'm also working on some East Coast and West Coast pals, for a chopper/bike show, and party. Stay tuned for details...

Love to see any of you folks in Ca., or at the Old Crow Speed Shop open house this coming Friday.

10. lorodz

lorodz

Is it going down in wildwood again?

11. I don't know... stay tuned!

12. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Damn Mike ! You have to have access the the bestest secret stash of stuff on the Left Coast! I guess they were just laying around in the shed out back?

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Need a car-bike show on the boardwalk to show off some of the non- participating rides that were driven to the show.

14. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Here is the beginning of my 2014 entry. Mike, I think I need those carbs more than you do....think about it, ok?

Cheers!

Attached Files:

15. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

IDK how that first pic got there...

16. I assumed it was part of your effort to demonstrate to Mike just how much you needed his Carbs. "....something about reliving the 'cool' days of your youth?"

17. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

Dreamy! Balding did you a favor!

18. Pete

Pete

Hoping to start on my next ROG racer very soon.....

Pete-

P.s.

Pat,

Hows the progress on that crazy 5 window??

19. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Hurtful. Pat. Really hurtful.

20. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

It's not my car but that baby's done!

[​IMG]

21. T__N__A

T__N__A

I wish the were just laying in a a shed out back... yes, your defiantly going to need them if your planning trying to beat me this year! Just sayin.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. I watched hrs of film yesterday. Nobody looked like they were having as much fun as Mike!

Well, I had as much I guess.

23. BrandonF

BrandonF

My wife said she never sees me smile like this. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390093729.700124.jpg

Attached Files:

24. Does this mean we're going to see a feature length video from Scott Toepfer soon? That teaser if freakin' awesome...but I want MORE!!!

25. Actually, I watched all the film that the production team for Duck Tape had shot. Nothing amazing. Lots of film with that kid that had running the mike, that will never happen again!

I saw some vid of me picking up my bike after the crash when I jumped it. You can hear the bike rev up and the crowd yell, but they missed the crash of course. Sucks, I'd have loved to seen it, besides just feeling it. My left arm doesn't work so great anymore.

Everyone also missed me towing my bike off the beach with Mike's #150 Ford. I got half way off the beach and then lost it, I was pulled behind the car with my bike on top of my left leg. That was fun. Didn't get to hurt that time. My bike to a real beating that weekend. She's on the road again though.

i would have liked to have had that on video. Scott T. was in the passenger seat and missed it. He did pull the bike off though. Thanks pal!

Yes, Scott is working on some stuff, be on the look out. We hope to meet him in La this Sunday. Of course he is here in NYC while we are there.

26. I got a couple messages that some Ca hot rodders are going to meet up with us at Old Crow to discuss bringing some cars out to NJ for 2014. Exciting.

Also just heard Fly Wheels Mag is doing a huge article on the Trog. Very cool.

Hope to see some people out in Ca. I hope to get to Carlsbad, Gnrs, Turlock, and more.

27. gonzo

gonzo

Can't wait.

28. Just picked up the copy of FlyWheels mag #26 with Scott McCann's roadster on the salt. Can't wait to see their take on the ROG.

Also got the copy of Roller magazine with the ROG coverage. Let's just say if you had a Bike in the RoG, You NEED this magazine!

These can be ordered from Amazon Japan. (They will ship to the States) Flywheels magazine is also available from MoonEyes online store.

29. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

I just finished reading a lot of the post's , sure looks like there is No such thing as having WAY too much FUN !

30. Any "firmness" on the date yet? The better half has me laying out my vacation...gotta get my TROG time set aside!