Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey guys im new here

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NEW MOPAR GUY, Jan 13, 2014.

1. NEW MOPAR GUY

NEW MOPAR GUY
    from LAREDO, TX

I just became the proud owner of a 1947 plymouth p15 special deluxe it will be my first build hopefully not my last .... All and any kind of advise is greatly appreciated. Starting with the front suspension any recomendations???

2. Welcome from So Cal.....pics.....also, check out:http://p15-d24.com/ if you haven't already.

3. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

Is it going to be restoration or a hotrod. Pictures are always good. Welcome to the HAMB.

4. XERB

XERB

welcome from New Zealand

5. 392modela

392modela

Hello from Wisconsin

posted with a box of crayons on the outhouse wall

6. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

7. kuhn1941

kuhn1941

Welcome from Michigan . Picture has my dads old 47 plymouth with my 41 buick and my old 57 wagon drag car . The plymouth all original flat head six ran great and got 20 miles per gallon . The positive ground keeps your brain thinking when working on the electrical. Post pics of yours .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

8. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Welcome "NEW MOPAR GUY"…. Lemme ax you a question… what happens when you are not new anymore…? :confused:

9. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

Well then you become a Mopar guy. I dun that in 1959.

10. hkestes

hkestes

Why do you want to change the front suspension?

It already has independent front suspension that was well ahead of the Fords and Chevys of the day. Rebuild the front suspension, relocate the upper shock mount to the frame, add Olddaddy's disc brake kit and you have all that you will need.

I am on my second 48 Plymouth. The first was professionally subframed and this one I stayed with a rebuilt stock front suspension. It drives as good as the subframed car and with the discs stops as well too.

Parts to rebuild what you have a readily available and it is a whole lot less work to rebuild what is there than to slice off the frame, weld in new, fabricate all the needed mounting points etc.

11. dalerobin

dalerobin

Those Plymouths had pretty good brakes..Save yourself a bunch of money and keep it original. Buy new brake cylinders, seals, mastercylinder, lines and hoses, and shoes. Do this before moving onto the rest of the car. I recommend Andy Bernbaum for parts.

12. hkestes

hkestes

The brakes on the P15 are a pain to keep in adjustment. You can do the Olddaddy disc set up for not much more than doing new brake cylinders, seals, mastercylinder, lines and hoses, and shoes.

13. Welcome from CT!