Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 40 Ford frt.Clip to a 36 Cab. Will it Work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr.chevrolet, Jan 11, 2014.

1. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

tried a search, nothing close came up. i could swear i read something on this somewhere. if anyone knows if it can work without cutting everything all to hell please let me know. or help me find that thread. i can get a 40 2-dr sedan with a nice frt. clip and real rough doors and trunk area. i have a good 36 Ford cab. thanks.

2. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Well, its definately not a bolt on, if that's what you were thinking. Sell the '40 front clip and buy some 36 fenders.....

3. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Just putting a '36 CAR front end on a '36, as HAMTOWN AL did, takes a ton of body/cowl work, not to mention having to move the cab BACK on the chassis. I've seen a '40 car front end on a '36 CAR, and even that did not look right. Certainly won't work without a bunch of surgery. HAMTOWN AL's '36 truck below. DD[​IMG]

4. Everything would have to be modified. HRP

5. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

well, i guess i'll forget that idea.

6. trollst

trollst

Nice truck in the pic but its no 36, looks like a 40 to me.

7. Does anybody know the difference in width of the cowl of say a 39/40 coupe vs a 36 car?
    Are the trucks ans cars comparable width? There will be obvious and copious amounts of sheetmetal work of course...

8. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

trollst...Been a while, and I reviewed AL's project. You're absolutely right, and I'm full of it...1940 cab. Still, a bunch of work...no easy bolt-up. DD