Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Missouri (st. Louis area)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by hambone63376, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Hello everyone.............. Appreciate the chance to join in and pick your brains as to what I need to know. Hopefully I can contribute to the forum as well as learn from all of you.I'm an older guy retired .Used to run 1/4 mile in a 29 and 32 Ford years ago in the B/altered class. Alton dragway, Alton Illinois...Long gone....I just picked up a 1933 Plymouth PD powered by a 350/350th combo........The gentleman who built the rod did a nice job on the build, however there are a couple of things that I believe I would like to change/upgrade......I will be using it as a semi daily driver.The Car was built with mustang 2 front end, manual rack....11" Disc brakes front, drum rear on a 8" maverick 3.90 rear.After the test drive and not being used to the manual brake set-up I became somewhat concerned about daily stop and go driving. Im either going top have to go on a weight lifting program to develop my leg muscles or I need to convert to a power assist brake system. I'm somewhat familiar with the options out there but it would be great to hear from those who have been their done that.......I'll leave it at that for the moment...........Appreciate anyones thoughts.

2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Welcome from Springfield IL, my dad used to run a front engine dragster at Alton too way back when.

3. fordv8

fordv8
    from California

Welcome from CA, I'm working on a 33 Plymouth Coupe too. You should have lots of fun with your new car. Good Luck!!

4. jcforgives

jcforgives

I have a 32 ply been workin on over 5 it had manual brakes with disk on front hook up power buster and now u don't have to
    Apply munch pressure
    God
    Bless

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Welcome from CT!

6. Bugsy48

Bugsy48

Welcome from Wisconsin!!

7. cjo13

cjo13
    from SD

Welcome from SD from another 33 Plymouth PD owner!

CJO13

8. Thanks for all of the greetings............Sorry it took so long to respond.Been busy with the completion of my new two car detached garage for my sweetie, the 33 Plymouth.The weather here sucks, cold, nasty, snow up to your wherever and did I mention it was cold? I cant wait for better weather and the ability to move around.......I would not have made a good caveman..........If anyone has any 1933 Plymouth parts for sale please speak up......Thanks..........hambone63376

9. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Welcome from StL (actually the WashMo area). Good luck with your project. With this weather, it's a fine time to be in the garage.

10. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

welcome...I am building a 33 plymouth convert,you can see it under "Uncle Ricks 33 plymouth project"....I have some fiberglass body stuff available if you have an interest...good luck to you with yours..which is set up like mine..other than I have a 360/727 drive line and my brakes are power..

11. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

12. bbr

bbr
    from Missouri

13. Welcome to the HAMB! I am from St Louis also and currently the caretaker of a great stock survivor 33 Plymouth PCXX 4 door sedan. We have events at our shop throughout the year, so keep in touch or come by the shop to chat. Click the link below in my signature to check out our site and see our location.

14. 392modela

392modela

Hello from Wisconsin

15. bigslim55

bigslim55

Welcome from S/E Wisconsin...

16. Snoozed for a minute and didn't see you drop in...welcome from KC