Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 Ford tudors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'chevy, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

So, what trim should be on a 41 Ford Tudor Super Deluxe? I am building one for a client and am tracking down the trim. I see many of them with the fender stainless and the side window surround stainless. This one doesn't have it, but I would like to add it. Any one know where to find a set?

There are also at least 2 sizes of dash center trim that goes over the speaker grille. I have the short one, but it looks like this dash once had a long one.

I know the dash plastic was also offered in a cast metal piece, did this come with a clock opening at all?

2. Might try Owens salvage hamb vendor flat top bob.

3. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Thanks, I may have a lead on the front fender stainless, need to find the rear. Still researching to find what as in the package, or was it all optional back in the day?

4. Late 41's had 2 piece front fenders and they are the ones that got the fender stainless. The early 41's had 3 piece front fenders with a seam about midway in the wheel opening. The trim was only available on the Super Deluxe models. All factory dash trim was plastic, regardless of clock or no clock. There was aftermarket metal pieces available that were chrome, w and w/out the clock opening, from Pep boys, JC Whitney etc. I just sold a long speaker trim piece for a 41.As for the window stainless it was the same used on the 42 and 46's. It is more common on the 46's. I just removed all my Super Deluxe window trim from my business coupe, but it won't work on tudor. You might try the Ford Barn in a wanted ad to find the missing pieces you need. I used to have a 41 tudor, but now it's my dads.
    Hope this helps
    Matt

5. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

This one must be an early, it has the 3 piece fenders. I have gotten LOTS of leads and parts from the Ford Barn, great bunch of guys. Do you have the windsheild and rear window stainless?

Here she is, just back from Florida...
    [​IMG]

6. I don't have any extra windshield or rear window stainless at this time. I'm using the ones I have on my 46 coupe. The stainless rear window trim was I believe standard on Mercs from 41-48. I have only seen it factory on 41 fords. My rear window stainless came off a 41 4dr merc I found in a junk yard years ago. The windshield stainless can be found on any 41-48 ford or merc, it was pretty much standard.
    Matt

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Share some more pics Russ.

8. sukhoiswift77

sukhoiswift77

Does anyone know how to search using a vin number to get info on a 41 Ford Fordor DeLuxe. We were given a vin # 166406214 and can't find any info using that number