Register now to get rid of these ads!

polished stainless steel brake line sand fittings??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Jan 7, 2014.

1. choptvan

choptvan

I am looking for a good source for polished lines and fittings. Like the "t"'s I can mount to the frame, flex line to solid line mount for the rear axle, things of that nature. Any one have a certain source they use?

2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Speedway are about the cheapest and good quality but dont do polished, not aware of anyone that supplys ready polished to be honest.

3. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I think you will have to polish most everything. Check Jeg's and Summit. They carry many different manufactures of SS brake line fittings.

4. choptvan

choptvan

Tried them. Just wanted to be sure before I spent time that didn't need to be added to the customer's bill. Just to be safe. Anyone else??

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You may try Fedhill not sure if thay have polished or not.

6. choptvan

choptvan

last bump for good measure??

7. geoford41

geoford41
    from Delaware

Buy the SS AN fittings and find a "electro polisher" source in your area. That way you can get a shinny finish without having to buff away the standard finish (casting roughneass) to get the fittings to shine. I am in the Pharmacutical industry and we use local services here in NJ to get that shine plus it adds to the corrosion resistance of the SS I have never used these guys but give them a call and they can give you information on what the process involves.
    303-429-1507
    [email protected]
    geoford41

8. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks! Never would have thought of that

9. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Do you own a table top grinder? You can get all the materials needed to polish your own SS fittings from Eastwood. It is really not that hard. With the right compounds SS can look like chrome.

10. choptvan

choptvan

I do have that same kit you are speaking of. I juat wanted to be sure the stuff wasn't out there before I went and spent a bunch of billable hours polishing stuff only to find it cheaper for him else where later on and feel like a dummy about it! Thanks for the info guys

11. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Russell makes an anodized aluminum called "Endura". Looks like stainless but a lot less expensive. Summit carries these fittings and you can get just about any size you want in AN fittings. Have the fittings on most of my cars, several are 10 plus years old and holding up very well.

12. rfraze

rfraze

Try Gardner-Westcott in Northville, MI at 800-521-9805. My old catalogue shows a web site gardner-westcott.com. They specialize in hardware and fittings. Stainless is one option, but they also show most everything available in chrome.
    Checkout G&J Aircraft in Ontario, CA for stainless fittings and custom braided lines.
    I also like the Endura finished fittings, but believe them to be aluminum. Just so you know.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  13. choptvan

choptvan

Awesome! I will look into these! Thanks again

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Problem with the electro-polish is (at least the places around here) that the minimum charge charge for a handful of parts can be pricey

15. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

16. choptvan

choptvan

They do have some neat stuff.

17. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I wouldn't try buffing the lines on a buffer. The 3/16 line material we use to plumb our chassis shines up very nicely with a light rub of Mothers. I also use the Endura fittings as they look good and are cheaper than stainless.

18. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

You have to do it carefully but it's worth doing as it comes up perfectly