Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lone Star Round Up-Austin Motel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AmericanPinups, Jan 1, 2014.

1. AmericanPinups

AmericanPinups
    from Dallas, TX

Started calling the Austin Motel at 9 AM this morning to secure a room for the Lone Star Round Up...per the 9 am Jan 1st first call gets room policy Keep in mind I've only gotten through once in 7 years to actually get a room. Got through thinking my luck was gonna change this year and the 1970's muzak inspired phone system kicked me out after holding for 5 minutes.

'Sold out' the sleepy voiced woman told me at 9:11 AM.

Anyway, the Embassy is taking reservations just down the street for $159.00 a night and the free breakfast is pretty tasty too.

Those rooms go fast too.

Grab 'em while you can and Happy New Year!

2. Rogueman

Rogueman

We didn't try for the Austin Motel this year. We stayed there last year and with the way Congress was by Saturday night we decited to look for something out near Top Notch.
    I'll do Congress on Thursday night and then stay the hell away.
    Any ideas about a motel out that way?

3. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I agree on the Austin Motel....congress is not much fun except on Thursday....

4. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

i went to the LSR site to register this mmorning but it's not showing a link. any ideas on how to register? says it will open jan '14.

5. AmericanPinups

AmericanPinups
    from Dallas, TX

Ya, too many 89 Mercury Monarchs with 22' rims and the neon name 'home slice' in the back window..

6. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Does anyone know which hotel is the closes to top notch.

7. Rogueman

Rogueman

There are some close. I'm going to Austin Saturday to the Autorama. After that we are going to check some of the motels out.

8. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

9. HunterYJ

HunterYJ
    from Buda Texas

There was a nice hotel just around the corner from Top Notch, Hotel Allendale. Unfortunatly it closed last month to be converted to condos.
    If you want to be closer to Top Notch and the Burnet road action, I reccomend the 183/Mopac/360 area. Quite a few nice hotels there, easy drive to the show and very close to Top Notch. Stay away from the motels on North I35 between Braker and 183, other than the Holiday Inn. I service hotels/motels all week and these are some of the least desirable in town. Deep in the high crime area as well.
    If you have a trailer, ask about parking. Some in this area like the Hyatt House have very tight parking lots.
    See you in April!

10. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

LSR Registration is up I got mine in:D I also made a reservation at the Embassy Suites on Congress. Stayed there last time I made the show and it was great! It was even cheaper this time.
    I have tried every year for the Austin Motel and I have now officially given up!

11. seatex

seatex

Don't forget, there is camping spots and RV areas available at the event center. Trust me, THAT can get pretty entertaining!

12. BELLM

BELLM

I agree seatex, and even that is getting very crowded. Just wonder how much longer it will be free.

13. Be ready for noise from drunken golf cart occupants, very loud music and open header burnouts till 4:30 AM. Last year was pretty quiet but each year is different....seems to be no security at all.

14. seatex

seatex

You must have parked too close to the LOOSER camp site! Next time just come on over!:D

15. Thanks, I will.....Now if I only had something finished to do burnouts in!:D

16. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

They must have been advertising for the pizza shop across the street.