Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

rsrfdad, your story is as sad as the Hapydz story is happy. What the hell got into your Dad ? I read your story last, and now I am really bumbed out. SHIT !

Hapydz likes this.

2. Thanks for the good info, Gary ! I will certainly consider the R4 and will be on the lookout for one.
    Ron

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  3. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

First great story. Will follow your thread...

Hapydz likes this.
  4. RL 32.jpg My son Myles, surprised me today with a piece of art work that he did for the '32. It's always nice to have a motivational poster to keep you focused !!! :)
    Ron

5. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

Awesome rendering, he should consider doing some of those for guys on here, I know a guy that uses to charge 20$ a pop for them and did a lot of them.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Hapydz likes this.
  6. RobertDip

RobertDip
    from Candiac

Great story Ron, and I really feel your emotions. The ’32 5W Coupe is my favorite car and I have had a soft spot in my heart for it since I was 13 years old. The very first plastic model car I worked on was this 5W, and it made me dream till this day. At 15, I built my channeled coupe using a ’31 Model A body on a ’32 frame. This is the one on my avatar. I built this in 1961 and still have it today. For some reason here in this area, I just could not find that illusive Deuce 5W. 50+ years later, I finally have a full fendered Deuce 5W.
    Like yourself in one way or another, I just had to have it, and I am a keeper. Love the photo of the past and present…..it’s a great shot. Enjoy it for the rest of time….from one Canuck to another......Robert

PS...Yes, finding and using all original parts is the way to go...this is a must for me also..take the time to find all the good stuff...it's personally rewarding.

Attached Files:

7. mcdonaldm73

mcdonaldm73
    from eastern nc

What a great story! Congratulations on getting her back. I am one of many that regrets selling their first love. I should have gotten rid of the first wife instead of my first car. Live and learn I guess...:D

Atwater Mike and Hapydz like this.
  8. Man, that is funny.....sad but funny...
    Ron :D

6inarow likes this.
  9. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

So dang cool.

Hapydz likes this.
  10. navyboy

navyboy

thanks for sharing, very neat story and picture.

Hapydz likes this.
  11. NoSurf

NoSurf

Great story!

So glad it worked out for you.

Hapydz likes this.
  12. dads32frontview.jpg I just hope I live long enough to see my first car restored to a high enough standard that I can actually drive it off the cover of one of my favorite car magazines... lol
    Ron

oliver westlund likes this.
  13. AHotRod

AHotRod

WOW ! What a fantastic story, I'm so happy for you and your wife to have the Coupe back in your garage.

Is the engine that was in the Coupe usable?

Hapydz likes this.
  14. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Love the story, glad it's back in your hands !now I know it's cold as he'll in Thunder Bay for about 9 1/2 months of the year lol ! Now get your arse in the heated garage and get it done , come on times a wasting eh !:D

Hapydz likes this.
  15. First off, I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to read my story and for the comments posted here. My wife and I have really enjoyed them !!! I would also like to wish the followers of this thread a very Merry Christmas and a very, very Happy New Year !!!
    To answer your question regarding the engine... I don't know much about it's condition at this point but I do have a low miles Chev Vortec that I will be using. I do have one of these engines in my "39 coupe and I can't say enough good things about it.
    Thanks again,
    Ron
    p.s. United Pacific Industries fenders should be ready this time next year:D

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Ron, United Pacific stuff is great and I'm so glad they finally took up the challenge of reproducing the '32 5w. In the meantime Brookville Roadster makes some very fine Deuce fenders (the best in my book) so if you need them before United Pacific does their's I recommend you check Brookville's out.

Frank

Hapydz likes this.
  17. kruzr

kruzr

Congrats on a second, chance of a lifetime. #2 pic is cool.

Hapydz likes this.
  18. '32 Interior.jpg [quote="Hapydz, post: 9326793"]I would like to do the interior as though it was a stocker . That is with the original seat covered with mohair upholstery , well...you know what I mean. To this end, I bought on eBay, a set of stock seat sides as the original seat was gone. The search continues ....
    Ron
    [/QUOTE]

With the temp in Thunder Bay feeling like -100 F, well not quite and the stripping of the '39 taking up most of my car time in the shop, nothing to do but plan for the '32. I came across this shot of what I hope my '32 will resemble as far as the interior is concerned. I love this look !!!!
    Ron

jangleguy and Atwater Mike like this.
  19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the ticket!

[​IMG]

Hapydz likes this.
  20. Roadsir

Roadsir

I've been keeping up with this thread, great story and it will be great to see it on the road again.

I'd like to see more pics of your track roadster, what a perfect looking little car!

Hapydz likes this.
  21. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

Love the interior

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Hapydz likes this.
  22. This has to be one of the most heart warming stories I've had the pleasure of reading in my time on the HAMB............................Don.

Hapydz likes this.
  23. Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  24. rydetyme

rydetyme

Great Story
    Have fun with your build!

Hapydz likes this.
  25. Roadsir

Roadsir

Hapydz likes this.
  26. Very cool thread!

Hapydz likes this.
  27. skinnydude

skinnydude

Great Story and Great Over Lay Pic . Thanks for Shareing

Hapydz likes this.
  28. IMG_1497.jpg I was thinking today about this unforgettable day in early April of last year when my very first car was loaded up to come back home after almost 60 years. I still have a hard time believing that it is in my shop. No progress on it yet as I have been stripping the paint off the '39 Ford Coupe. With the industrial strength winter we have had in Thunder Bay, It's hard to motivate myself to walk the 20 feet to the heated shop. ;) Thanks for the kind comments !!!
    Ron

lothiandon1940 likes this.