Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A tudor, channelled over 32 frame info wanted.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jason Gendrolius, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Jason Gendrolius

Jason Gendrolius
    from Australia

Hi All I'm building a Model A Tudor here in Australia, and was considering 32 channelled under.
    I have a 9" housing for the rear it will be on coil-overs and 4 bar, I have 33 split wishbone and a transverse spring behind re-pro 32 standard i beam axle.
    I've talked to Gary at blackboard hotrods about a frame he does which is bobbed front and back narrowed front A cross-member to sit behind A grill shell and C notches rear.
    I was hoping to see if anybody had any other builders that they could recommend ? ( do get me wrong I think Blackboards hotrods are good, I'm just looking around at all my options).
    I may need to have the rear Z'd up more so it doesn't take to much of my floor space to get the right ride height.
    Cheers Jason.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. 1930roadster

1930roadster

been waiting on a frame from Gary since April '13, heard its worth the wait....

4. flatoz

flatoz

Jason,

guessing you have looked into registration or permit scheme where ever you live? As that may change how you go about things. As for the 'Z' if you Z the chassis more you will loose floor space not gain it, but yes will get the car down lower.

5. Andy

Andy

Be careful where the A post fits over the frame. I don't know about sedans, but on roadsters the post sticks out and kicks the bottom of the post out. This sure screws up the fit of the door to the quarter panel. You may need to add pockets to the frame or modify the posts.

6. Why go to 32 frame and then channel it?
    Damn frame is wide to drop an A over it, that's why the A fits on top so nicely.
    Your doors will need extensive modifications or you'll need to narrow the 32 frame and/or butcher it up- maybe all of the above.