Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Found my Chevy two intake with a sawzall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willbierfarms, Jan 7, 2014.

1. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

Well I've got an intake for my banger. Found an old Clifford of e bay for it home and promptly sawed the back runner off of it. Welded up the hole and whammo one neat looking Chevy two intake. It used 2gc Rochester carbs which I have no idea which ones I need yet. All in all I think its gonna be cool if not a little snotty on the street

Attached Files:

2. Now that's thinking outside the box! HRP

3. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

Here's a shot with a crappy valve cover on it so you can see how tall this thing is

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good idea and nice work, but won't 2 2GC's be a bit much for a Chevy II (194 ci IIRC)? I assume this was originally for a larger later 6. What was the original application? I can't believe it was for street use.

5. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

I was thinking of putting a set of Holley 94s on it. It had to be for a drag or dirt track application cause those runners are like six inches long at least

6. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

You will get a much better idle and crisper low end performance if you were to install a balance tube between the manifold runners. I cannot tell if the connector between the runners has a tube cast into it.

7. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

It has a balance tube cast in it I had to weld up the hole on the rear runner

8. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

I went ahead and got a set of adaptor plates to run a set of Holley 94 or strombergs on this set up after I made a few calls I realized that a pair of 2gcs will be like flushing a toilet on the top of this engine

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Not traditional carbs, but the Weber progressive 2 bbl might work well, small primaries and a bit larger secondaries......like half a 4 bbl.

10. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

Found out some more Info on this Intake. I called Clifford today because I had gotten a 2gc base gasket and it was too small long story short this is a drag race only high rpm Webber intake for a 292 Chevy. Oh well more tig welding and a Bridgeport will make it fit a pair of 94 holleys. Gotta say ol Clifford kinda bristled when I told him I took a sawzall to one of his intakes lol