Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Holley 94 triangle shaped brass piece in the bowl

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Junkbike, Jan 3, 2014.

1. I think I have read all or at least most of the Holley 94 info here, Dreddybear has a really nice post in the Holley 94 group with a huge compilation of links.

I can not find any info on this part, what it does or why. I will link this to the 94 group, seems to be little traffic there now.

This part is in the bowl of an 8BA in addition to the part in the bowl the sprayer was also replaced with the part in picture number 2. I removed the second part added a check/needle and a sprayer.. Not sure what to do with the other one.

under the screw is a check ball, the whole part is only held in with magic!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I have no idea what you have here...Looks like a modification to gain more power maybe????

There should be a hole behind the triangle shaped brass piece that feeds the accelerator pump.
    The big brass piece that replaced the pump discharge nozzle is the puzzling piece. In it's place down in the hole should be a pump discharge valve, a piece that resembles a needle/seat in the float bowl.

Here's a picture of a 94 laid out in pieces just above the aspirating nozzles and their clamps is a pump discharge valve.

Unless you can figure out the modification and make it work, I'd restore the carb back factory specs.
    [​IMG]

3. Looks like this piece blocks the hole down bottom
    The piece that's puzzling you is long enough to take the spot of the spray bar and the needle
    I replaced it with the correct part but can't get the triangle piece to come out

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. It's been sitting due to other thing
    Figured I would give it one more bump before I pry it out

5. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389111927.349957.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389111950.891803.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389111966.263899.jpg
    This I what it looks like out of the carb

6. fiftiescat

fiftiescat
    from NY

Never seen that. There should be a needle under the pump discharge nozzle. That looks custom. Neat stuff!!

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

It does not look crude or home-made at all...I wonder if it might be for some odd application, like for an industrial motor to prevent pump action as the governor jerks throttle around when loaded?? Wild guessing, but I think this may have had some real application and thought behind it. And the plug part from bowl is hollow...does that connect to a port we can't see?? Looks like screw does not enter the fill port or act as a plug itself...?
    And the squirter area piece looks like it has squirter holes in it? is it hollow? This stuff looks like more than just block-off, but does anything actually connect? How does check ball under screw go?? This is a mystery that had some purpose!

8. I think the picture of the piece that goes where the spray nozzle should go jut looks like it has holes in it because of the picture ( I'll have to take a closer look when I get home)

The triangle piece, the long "stem" was jammed in the inlet hole that goes from the bowl to the pump. With the screw in it looks like it would lock the ball down and I can't hear it when I shake

With it installed the sprayer nozzle acted like it was clogged, out it sprays normal. Maybe this was used for a partial block off?

9. It does have holes in it. with the original parts in the carb it acts like the pump is bad
    so im currently soaking another 8BA to rebuild