Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Had someone share some vintage photos of 1956 Desoto Diplomat UTEs. I own one of them so it is really nice to find vintage shots!
    In the last shot from the factory you can see where the rear doors have been leaded in when they converted the sedan body to a UTE,

Attached Files:

2. The film was called Strategic Air Command with Jimmy Stewart

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

3. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

4. Here's some 1953 Vintage Shots, from BC. Love that Studebaker engine in the channeled roadster.

Attached Files:

5. starwalker

starwalker

6. I have always had a soft spot for Utes but, you rarely see any in the states. I'd love to have that 54 as a daily driver with an upgraded slant six and 757 behind it. Find an old Dart or Valiant and pull everything out of it and rebuild it with a few modifications.....

7. XERB

XERB

Holy shit...Doc Hudson is real!

8. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

[​IMG]
    Item 12835 zoom [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.

Description

The Henley-Kimball Co. Hudson dealership was located at 380 Forest Avenue in Portland, near Falmouth Street. The photograph was taken in September 1951.

9. XERB

XERB

Cool photo, I wonder if the oldies were pedaling the 50's ride with the door open?

10. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

[​IMG]
    Item 79626 zoom [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.

Description

Esso gas station, located at 1-3 Maine Street Bridgton, Maine, was owned by Charles E. Thompson. This tax record is for a commercial building owned by Charles E. Thompson at the time of the survey, ca. 1938. The card was updated at an unknown time with the addition of the name Aldrich Realty, Norway Me. The card references a deed dated 1926; this is not the date of the photograph. Signs on the building also say "Hilltop Hudson Terraplane" and "International Terraplane," and "International Hudson," referring to brands of motor vehicles sold and serviced. There is a poster from the State Theater in the corner of the window

11. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

Bank Square, Guilford, ca. 1941

Back to Search Results
    [​IMG]
    Item 31043 zoom [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.

Description

This is a view of Bank Square looking northwest from the head of Hudson Avenue toward South Main Street and Elm Street around 1941. The middlle building with the gable roof was the First National Store. Shortly after this picture was taken the First National moved to the north side of the river where Griffins is currently located. The Guilford House of Pizza is the current occupant of this building.

12. Olustee Bus

Olustee Bus

Here is a photo from November 1908 taken at the Fairgrounds racetrack in Birmingham, Alabama. It refers to a driver, Emile Stricker, who was killed in an accident at the race.

[​IMG]

Here is a related article that mentions a man that is in the above photo, Lewis Stang.

[​IMG]

13. k9racer

k9racer

Lots of time local new car dealers would supply one car for a NASCAR race at a local track. After the race the tape was removed the car ran thru the clean up shop and sold as a demintrator . This happened every year at the Fairgrounds Race track in Birmingham Alabama..

14. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's a clean looking roadster appropriately parked in front of the Visual Education building. I wish we had a rear view to check out the roll pan and nerf bar. Love the wishbones.

[​IMG]

15. Some great vintage film footage in this ad for Kromers!

16. Interesting photo from 1958 National Geographic!

Attached Files:

17. Scramboleer

Scramboleer

18. Visually...it looks too long? neat car though.

19. ^ I agree....too long.

20. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those "Pin" anchors look scary,---Going thru that sheet metal!!
    Maybe he welded some upward plates from the frame to anchor to(?).

21. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

An RPU always pulls in the chicks. Hey, HRP's no dummy!

22. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Maybe visually a little long ..... but this thing is seriously cool!

[​IMG]

23. swi66

swi66

[​IMG]

Back in the late 60's, early 70's my dad ran an appliance repair business in Akron, like 20 miles from here. and my mother would drive out here to pick up parts so my dad could fix toasters, irons, and mixers, etc for customers so they wouldn't have to buy a new one
    [​IMG]

24. swi66

swi66

25. If it had a windshield it would not have looked so long! IMO

26. rollie

rollie

can anybody tell me the make & year of this truck ?

Attached Files:

27. Postwar Dodge?

28. I think it is a Dodge, maybe about 1940-41 and I'm not sure what the postwar ones looked like, maybe the same in '46?. I'm no MOPAR person though.

29. Definitely a Dodge or Plymouth from 1939 to about 1947.

30. Tango88

Tango88

Plymouth PT-81 pickup, 1939-41 had the little "speed lines" on the fenders. Very cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.