Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. 65COMET

65COMET

Dave;the clutch fork my friend made is NOT Mickey Mouse,not even close!!!! It has about 400 passes and quite a few street miles on it in over 10 years of service! My Jerico came setup for a BIG Ford,big input,T400 output[LARGEST output ever used on any production vehicle],1350 solid U-joints,Aluminum driveshaft!The trans came out of a 9.0 second,BIG FE powered 66 Fairlane,only because he switched to a Liberty 5-speed!! There is,and never will be,ANYTHING Mickey Mouse on my Comet!!! ROY.

2. 65 comet

65 comet
    from ohio

Roy, you say they modified where the pushrod attaches, they use the big block style with the threaded rod for adjustment? Thanks for the help, trying to get this car out this year.

3. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;I have never done it,but apparently from the pivot point out to the "FORK" they are the same[only wider],from the pivot point out towards the pushrod is where they need to be modified,I think they are longer in that area. ROY.

4. If you read my build thread for my 64 bfx falcon, I modified my clutch fork, using a big block clutch fork and it works great. I have pictures on there. I have the big block input/ output on my small block toploader. You can msg me for my phone number if you want to talk about how I did it.

Mike

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Let's go racing.......

6. .............

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  7. powrshftr

powrshftr

First of all Nailhead,never EVER quote a spammer.Thats what those tools are counting on.Please go back and delete your post where you quoted him so it won't spread anything nasty,then when you click on his post you should have several options pop up,one of them being "report as spam".

8. skywolf

skywolf

Cole Foster shared some great Ed Stein photos on Facebook and this shot of Jack Chrisman was among them.

[​IMG]

9. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

^Great pic.

Here's the '65 effort.

[​IMG]

10. Muttley

Muttley

Muchas gracias for the new computer wallpapre 'wolfie. ;) :cool:

11. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;any good news on the work situation? I'll be at this years March Meet if you can make it down!! ROY.

12. Muttley

Muttley

No, and after that car accident I was in in October of 2012 my neck and back are toast. I did get news from my attorney that they are moving to close the case out so I suppose thats something to hang my hat on.

13. powrshftr

powrshftr

Hope it goes well for you Brother.We'd all like to see the resident Archivist of all things Super Stock related,back behind the wheel and making passes at the track.:)

Scott

14. SOHC427

SOHC427

Scott, I am with you. I want to meet you Muttley, and see your Comet, as well. I wish you the best outcome on your Court case, and in all health matters,
    Eric

15. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;sent my entry in for the March Meet!! You bringing your new ride out? ROY.

16. SOHC427

SOHC427

Roy, not for the March Meet, but will be there for the October Fest.
    Eric

17. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Since I am a poser, and my car is just too slow, I've opted to skip the March Meet this year. ;)

18. poser????? car to slow????? enter it in exhibition. us simple folks want to see your car run!!!!

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;Dale is tired of getting whipped by a certain Blue 65 Comet,so he has gone into hiding!!!!He is probably waiting for Fontucky to reopen later this year!!! ROY.

20. Muttley

Muttley

HAHA, I wouldnt go that far, I just happen to have a big stick.................memory stick full of pictures that is. ;) :D As far as making some passes goes, well, that would be a first.......never raced (on a track anyway) before.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, I have good feeling it will all wrapped up fairly soon.

21. powrshftr

powrshftr

Fontucky!Thats priceless!:D

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

22. Big Dad

Big Dad

as seen in 2012

Pics by Joe Grippo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. AHotRod

AHotRod

That ^^^^^^ is wicked Cool !

24. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

Love this era of drag racing.

Any pics of the interior?

25. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Somewhat true, Roy. But here is the real reason why. I am gearing up for the MOTHER of all road trips, I am sending The Rocket over to England for their biggest event on English soil, Dragstalgia 2014! I am going to compete against Englands best gasser cars in a bracket format representing the United States versus England match race ! So far, I am the only one that has truly made the committment to fly the 'ol Red, White,and Blue against the Brits!! But there are grumblings that possibly Larry Knapp may send over the Stampede Cammer-powered Mustang as well. He is toying with the idea! We have a small amount of sponsorship lined up, but are ALWAYS looking for a deep pocketed Yank who just may want to sock it back to the boys across the pond !!!

26. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

2014 celebrates the fifty year anniversary of the US Drag Teams visit over to England, which many say really kickstarted the whole drag racing scene in the U.K. Its also the anniversary of both the 64 Mercury Comet, and the Mustang's official debut! Now- if only we can get some more interest...

27. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Sounds Awesome Dale.Hope it all works out for you.Lots of photography will be needed for that event..
    On a side note:Anyone aware of anything going on for the Thunderbolt anniversary?
    Myron_

28. SOHC427

SOHC427

Wow Dale, that sounds like a cool trip, and glad to see you and Larry holding the Flag for the USA! Love to see a few more of the heavy hitters making the trip, but what a huge comittment!
    Taking any shine, to throw the Brits a curve?
    Eric

29. 65COMET

65COMET

Myron;the last I heard was a 50th Anniversary Show in conjunction with the Fairlane meet in Dearborn,MI. on June 27th.I would think there may be more,but when and where I DO NOT know!! ROY.

30. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;your trip sounds KOOL!! I know you have been talking about this for some time now! I hope some people[companies] will step up financially!! Do you ship the car from the West coast or need to take it East? ROY