Register now to get rid of these ads!

Views on what air solenoid valves to use on my air suspension.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nitrousnutter, Jan 6, 2014.

1. nitrousnutter

nitrousnutter

Hello all, I'm at the stage where I'm collecting bits for my taildragger kit for my styleline, I have a 5 gallon tank twin compressors and would like some views on what air valves I should use. I'm over in the UK so a bit limited what I have access to, I've looked on eBay and see a couple of solenoids that are quite popular, the first is this type, yes they are Chinese but are they any good for car suspension....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4V230C-08-D...556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccd425a64

If not would this type be better.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-Pneumat...ic_Hydraulic_Valves_Parts&hash=item19dafeb0de

Linked up to a manifold with two per bag,

Or i have found this company who I bought the compressors from and sells this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380746652648?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm just after some views from anyone with experience with air solenoids also how long they last etc...

Thanks all Jason..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. horizonblue

horizonblue
    from So Cal

The second one and you will need two valves per bag. Connect 2 valves to a T fitting, one that sends the air into the bag, the second sends the air out so the bag deflates. These valves are one direction valves, so the pressure on one side will keep the valve closed. Not sure about the quality of those particular valves, SMC or Parker valves seem to be the most popular. Hard to say how long they will last, some will last a long time or some a few months.

3. Albie

Albie

Brand names like SMC and Parker are the way to go for a couple of reasons. Better construction along tighter tolerances, plus the availability of rebuild kits. Most important in any air ride system is to keep the inside of the lines clear of debris and moisture. Any dirt or condensation will kill any valve over time. Also, many of those "off shore" valves may have 3/8" inlets but smaller internals, thus not being a true 3/8" valve.
    Go with individual valves instead of those valve blocks, they might be a little more complicated to install, but are much more serviceable.

4. nitrousnutter

nitrousnutter

Thanks I know you won't get too much for your money with the Chinese valves but the price is very tempting, ill check out where I can get Parker or smc valves from over here. Cheers Jason..

5. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

6. bako48

bako48

Smc parker and GC are good but you got to keep your lines clean watch moisture in your tank to. Spend a little more now and save yourself the headache later. I'm running paddle valves just for the simplicity of em'.

7. slosteve

slosteve