Register now to get rid of these ads!

7.00-18 Firestone in the “old” Tread Pattern – Limited Production Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTaulbert, Sep 15, 2013.

1. davweed34

davweed34
    from New Jersey

Has the entire production been spoken for?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

There may be some available......and that's a big may.....

I know Coker was going to run some additional tires, but orders did keep coming in. The best thing to do is give Zach Lumpkin (contact info on post #51) a call Monday to see.

3. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

I was told last week that there was more tires than was needed to fill the preorder

4. davweed34

davweed34
    from New Jersey

Regarding these tires, I called Coker yesterday and was able to order 2 for my 34 so there appears to be some available. Contact Zack . ( see post# 62 for contact info)

5. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I got mine in the mail today . They look decent.(decent being used loosely as my way of saying I like them...........) Tread seems about 3/4 what my 16s are that I bought last year and these have wear bars.. Overall a very nice tire though

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389836859.534048.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389836889.421718.jpg

7. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Well I think much higher of them than "decent" for what ever it's worth.......

I got mine in tonight, and had them mounted up for mockup. Overall, I am extremely pleased. For those who ordered, Coker shipped out the first batch of tires this week. The last batch of tires will ship out within two weeks. As always, you can give Zach a call with any questions.

Thanks again for those who ordered tires.

[​IMG]

8. Looks great Cory

9. daddio211

daddio211

10. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Mine showed up yesterday. Very nice! No regrets here.

11. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

I just got mine in. Cant wait to get them mounted

12. Xman

Xman

Mine showed up the other day, now I need rims. I want to run 40 Ford style steel wheels and trim rings only. Can someone tell me where I can get a pair made up?

13. Xman

Xman

Called him, he said NO!

14. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

You want 18" '40 ford rims?

15. looks like i got that wrong, ask corey taulbert his rears are 18".
    Al.

16. Xman

Xman

I have 40 Ford 16" steel wheels on the front and want the same 40 Ford centers in an 18" rim in the rear.
    Sorry, How do I contact Corey Taulbert?
    Thanks

17. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

The rear wheels that I had on my roadster were from Rally America. If I recall correctly, Jimmy used to buy a 17" Gennie center from Wheel Vintique, and then put it into an 18" barrel of his own after tweaking the center some. And if I also recall correctly, the reason Jimmy no longer sells this wheel is because he can no longer buy the center alone anymore.

So if you want those 18x5.5" wheels bad enough, you could buy a pair of 17" Gennie wheels from Wheel Vintique, and then have Jimmy break them down to create the wheel he used to sell. I know that involves some money, but that's the only way to get that wheel right now.

Another idea (and looks really good) is to pair 1935 Ford wires, with 1932 Ford wires on the rear. Or you could pair those '40 Ford wheels with original Divcos, or the new aluminum Divcos.

18. Cory, well done again on getting this up and running !! The tires look great and I can't wait to get mine.

Xman, If I were you I would get a set of the aluminium Divco's. That's what I mounting mine on and they look very nice. Or as Cory said some 32/35 wires would look just as good.

19. Xman

Xman

I'm building a Bonneville style 34 3W coupe. Wires wouldn't work on it,(love 32/35 wires). Divco wheels do look good but don't want them on this car. Trying to follow a vision that I had at the start of this build. I can wait, don't need them yet.
    Thanks

20. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

I'm glad to see everyone is happy with these cool looking tires. And I think it's really cool that CT was able to convince Coker to work with him. I like Coker Tires.

21. alchemy

alchemy

Not to take this thread on a tangent, but I'm gonna. I bought a pair of old Ford split truck rims at a swap meet last fall. The centers are shaped just like '40 Ford centers, but larger diameter and have that little dimple for the air valve like a "Divco" has. They are in 18" tires (IIRC) but will need to be remounted into a passenger style hoop.

No, mine are not for sale. And yes I realize you'll want to see a photo. I don't have one yet and right now the wheels are buried in a snow bank.

I just wanted to post so everybody knows there are other options out there. Look at every late '40's to early '50's 3/4 tonner truck you see in those fence lines.

22. fryguy

fryguy

Thats a good thought Jeff. How difficult is it to get someone to work on the split rims these days? As the years go by, places that deal with split rims seem to fade away. Seems only the larger Big Rig places will do it for you.

Fryguy

23. alchemy

alchemy

I would cut the split rim hoops off and use a new hoop of 17 or 18" size. Just wanted to let folks know there are other wheels out there aside from repro. I'd never seen these type of wheels before.

24. fryguy

fryguy

Gotcha. that makes sense. Didn't think that far ahead ;)

How are you stocked on the Stude Tailights?

25. Xman

Xman

Thats very helpful, Thanks

26. scruff

scruff

Any chance of a picture of these rims?

27. Sounds like he wants you to start digging:D

28. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Man what a nice set of tires the 7.00 18,s are.. Hope they see it would worth wile to make them more often..

Too bad they dont make a nicere 4.50 or 500 18... But i guess I will have to get 5.25 5.50 17,s for the frount so they match...

29. schreibz66

schreibz66

Zach said if 48 more tires can be spoken for they will run another batch.. Call and talk to zach in tech and get on the list if you still need them!!!!