Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge took a Bath

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave L, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

Just got my Dodge Cab back from the dippers. I was just going to sandblast it, but once i looked in the pillars and saw all the Caterpillar hair type rust i figured i would spend a little extra and get it CLEAN. The nice thing is now i can really see where the repairs need to happen.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave L.

Attached Files:

2. 35desoto

35desoto

At least you know what needs to be repaired now - rather than fixing what you can see to only find something else bubbling through later on. Its a good start to getting a job done properly

3. kursplat

kursplat

clean as a whistle :) so what are the plans for the hemi :cool:

4. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

been doing research on the hemi, its a dodge 331. plan on using it for the power plant.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Dave boy that's the way to clean em.
    Mind sharing what the cost is to do that?

6. 73RR

73RR

Good to hear that you are doing some homework.;) The truck engine is useful but most folks find a need to at least swap the front end for pass car pieces.

7. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  8. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

What a pleasure to work with that clean metal,nothing hidden,everything out in the open. For what it's worth to you I was warned by the franchisee of a former Dip and Strip to use spray cans of silver paint [metallic] and spray to the point of flooding the pinchwelds, foldover seams and any other area where 2 pieces of metal join as the stripping prosess removes and paint or protection that might have been between the layers of metal.Let it soak in and wipe of any excess, then when bodywork finished undercoat or paint or ? whatever. Worked for me over 25 years ago when I did my 57.. Ralphie

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks good, I am going to have to haul my Model A somewhere to have it done and they aren't that far for me.

10. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

A friend with a stripping business also suggests taking a propane torch and heating all the pinch welds to burn out any remaining chemical that is trapped in there.