Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Enos Wiring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 270ci, Nov 19, 2013.

1. 270ci

270ci

Geez, I hope they're not outa bizz. Love their easy to use black box.
    Have you tried to email?
    [email protected]

olscrounger likes this.
  2. 193257

No I've not tried email yet.

3. Dont know. I have aso used them to wire my car. Great product every circut comes with its own diagram and the wires are labled every two feet. I never wired a car before and they made it easey to do.

4. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Yes, Dennis Enos has retired. He is focusing on his other passion, World War 2 memorabilia. I understand he sold his remaining inventory of black boxes and related parts to Brizio.

5. 270ci

270ci

Glad he's able to do what's important to him while he can. Had a great product all these years.

6. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

thats too bad--top notch products--glad he can pursue his other interests

7. I am glad Brisio's has their inventory; but would hope someone keeps producing the Black Box.

8. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

I have a brand new Early ENOS panel and cover only... I tried to contact Dennis in hopes of getting some info on this panel... My reply from Dennis stated that the business was closed and he did not have any stock that he could provide... I did reply and asked if he could supply a wiring diagram for my panel and he replied that he could get me close to what I needed.... That was about 8 weeks ago and I have never gotten a reply back.... Obviously it would be nice if I had a wiring diagram for the unit...... If anybody has a copy of their panel literature I sure would be interested in getting a copy.... Please reply to me directly [email protected] if you can help an old Kustom Guy out......

Thanks
    Rags

9. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Hey Rags to Riches, send me a PM with your email address, I may be able to help. Steve

10. silent rick

silent rick

are aftermarket wiring harnesses traditional?

11. Rebel is still in business. Also here on the HAMB. Alliance discount too!

12. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Still looking ..... If somebody out there has a COPY of the ENOS Black Box wiring diagram and instructions I sure could a copy.... Any help is greatly appreciated.... I like the Enos panel and I really dont want to shit can it for another manufacturer...... Thanks Rich King aka Rags to Richs...

13. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Rags- contact Chris Silva at Freedom Street Rods in Atascadero, ca. He may be able to help.

14. I can help ya. I used an Enos Black Box in my coupe, years ago. At one point, thought it would be a great idea to scan a copy of my wiring instructions, for future reference.

http://streetrodder.net/stuff/enos-instructions.pdf

I've used several different panels, but the Enos one is my favorite.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  15. 48stude

48stude

16. 48Stude, that is some great news. After using a few different wiring boards and prewired fuse blocks, I can definitely say that the "Black Box" is my favorite. Glad to know that someone has picked up the product and has started to run with it.

olscrounger likes this.
  17. "I can help ya. I used an Enos Black Box in my coupe, years ago. At one point, thought it would be a great idea to scan a copy of my wiring instructions, for future reference."

Thanks so much bchrismer, I needed this as well.

18. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Duncan..... Thanks very much.... I will gladly reimburse you for a copy of the wire instructions.

My contact info
    Rich King
    11 North Main Street
    Boonton, NJ 07005
    Direct Email [email protected]

19. Rich,

Duncan was quoting my post, just above. I just shot ya an e-mail, with the Enos wiring instructions that came with my panel. I also included the link that I added above, too.

Give me a shout if I can answer any questions for ya.

Bret

20. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Brett...... The pdf file arrived and thank you very much for sending it along...... Now I can get to work rewiring my Shoebox (See Avatar) or check out my photos...

Thanks again
    Rich King
    Rags to Richs

21. butch27

butch27

I just realized that I made my own Enos panel and didn't know it. I used a motor home -school bus mount and the lugs come in 3 wire sections each. I only had to use 3 for the nine wires in the bucket. They all just hook together and I ran constant power to the last 3. Hell I just notice that.

22. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Is asking useless questions traditional ? :p

24. RacersRods

RacersRods

Hi, I manufacture the Enos BlackBox now and I just found this old thread. I thought I'd introduce myself.
    After using Dennis Enos's BlackBox for many years in my street rod repair business, I purchased the product line from Dennis when he retired in January 2014. I've been making and selling the BlackBox since 4/14 and sales just keep going up as the word gets around. The only real change is a new model, WB-14, which has a new ignition fuse instead of the traditional resistor. Resistor models are still available. They're available at www.racersrods.com or you can call direct at 208-660-2998 (Pacific Time). Again, thanks for the interest and support!
    Craig Nicol, http://www.racersrods.com/Default.asp

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. oj

oj

Thanks for the intro and they are nice pieces.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I used the Enos Black Box in the past and found it to be a good product.

olscrounger likes this.
  27. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

I've got an Enos wiring system I'll be installing in the next few...um...warm days.
    Hoping for the best.

Mike

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    olscrounger likes this.
  28. I've had mine in the coupe since around '95. After wiring a few cars with stuff my brother-in-law has bought, I am still sold on the Black Box as my favorite.

olscrounger likes this.
  29. Can the labelled wire be purchased seperately? I have a enos box. The car was crashed and the wires were cut. I saved my instructions. It sure makes life easy with that marked wire when there is a electrical problem.

30. Slow down

Slow down

Racer x. Go to their website labeled is listed.