Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Meltdown Drags 2014, Pre-register NOW!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INLAW MODEL A, Nov 16, 2013.

1. cs39ford

cs39ford

Well sat or sunday will drive this one out for the show Just got it last weekend See you there

Attached Files:

2. One cool thing about the Meltdown Drags car show is the ability to watch the cars race down the track from where your show car is parked. Like an old school drive-in, but the feature is way better!

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

That thing looks great!
    Forget about getting it pretty,just get it running and safe in time for the Meltdown,then get it all gussied up for the following season!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Pre registered. This sounds like a blast!!!!

5. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Are there any Jr. Stock cars attending? Or a class for them? They are not as quick as the gassers and AFX cars, but they are very cool, also.

Attached Files:

6. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Here is kerry's dragster if you haven't seen it.

Meltdown Drags July 18,19,20 2014
    www.meltdowndrags.com

Attached Files:

7. Guys, keep those preregistrations coming in!. It helps us help you. After all, the Meltdown Drags is put on by hot rodders for hot rodders.

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

#114 be there or hope my tire are not square.

9. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Boy, if your on the fence about coming....this is year #5......and it is NOW 3 days of racing and cars show....pin up contest, kick ass swap meet, and awesome cruise nights. Planning for Fri & Sat night Cruise night again!

As I said from the beginning....the goal here is to re-create the feel of a 60's drag meet the best we can in 2013....don't wait forever gas prices could sky rocket to $10 a gallon, or the Nuclear Reactor in Byron could Meltdown and destroy the track.....the only thing you will regret is not attending, when your friends tell you what you missed out on!

10. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

11. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

So, I have been in attendance for a few years now, always with a driver. This event led me to get a true gasser. I can't wait to run a few times and have the best weekend of my life. This is the event to attend in my opinion.

12. We have a care package we are giving away randomly to a preregistered race car. I have a few of these to give away, but don't wait too long! Pre-register now! This one will go to one of the first 100 cars we have already pre-registered. Now keep in mind that we will do this again for cars 101 to #?, and we are at 118 right now, 12/28/13
    I have a large 2013 event shirt, 2012 video, a patch, and a free entry for a race car for one day, a $30 value. We may add a few more things. This is courtesy of Byron Dragway and Meltdown Drags. We will mail this package to the winner.

Now how should we pick the winner? Pick a number between 1 and 100??????????? or any other ideas?

Attached Files:

13. Pre-registered. #73. If all goes well I'll have two nastalgia bikes making passes.

14. Jamoke

Jamoke

No rooms at

Holiday Inn Express -Rochelle, IL

1240 Dement Rd.* Rochelle, IL 61068

2 weddings and a convention going on wating list only :eek:

15. powrshftr

powrshftr

Try the Comfort Inn,they have plenty of room so far.We just made reservations the other day.

Scott

16. I just called both hotels and they are booked already. Holiday Inn Rochelle had 7 smoking rooms left. I will make some calls to see where else is recommended.

17. speedwise

speedwise

I called the Baymont Inn in Rochelle and they won't take reservations until "mid January". Always had good luck at the Comfort Inn. I put my name on the list too. I'm third in line. Looks like Rockford has several places. From what I can tell Rockford and Rochelle are about 30 minutes from the track. I think we should buy some land in Byron and build a hotel...

18. Jamoke

Jamoke

Days Inn Rockford

220 S Lyford Rd, Rockford

(815) 332-4915

stayed here for the last 2 years nice place $60 a night Rockford right off rt20

22 min from the track

Days Inn Rockford

220 S Lyford Rd, Rockford

(815) 332-4915

19. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

^^^^^^
    Just called the Days Inn Rockford that Jamoke suggested, and got a room. We usually stayed in Rochelle but like previous posters said, it was full. Better get your room now!!!

20. Congratulations to John Clark! My kids just randomly picked his pre-registration # 30! Keep you eyes on the mailbox John!

We are at 127 cars as of 1/1/14. We will pick another winner at 200 cars!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  21. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

GEEZ John, you just win everything!:D

22. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Ha! That's funny, Jim. Thanks, Meltdown guys! Contrary to what Jimmy said, I hardly ever win anything! A special thanks to the kids who drew my number. This makes me more excited than ever to get to the next Meltdown Drags. Come on, July! By the way, I booked our room at the Holiday Inn Express a couple weeks ago. Sounds like there's going to be no rooms more available in Rochelle, now. Jimmy, you need to enter and go to that race. They'll love your car there. (They might even like you, too!)

23. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

just sent registration. been watching this one each yr from the pics...can't wait to participate this year!!!!!!!

24. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

John, would love to join you and rest of guys. The experience as you have told me is a must do. Unfortunately my travel funds went into a Hilborn unit for the '57. I will have live vicariously thru you when you get back. Oh & thanks for the sort of compliment!

25. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Okay, when I see you with your Hilborn injected '57 wagon at the Joplin holiday Inn parking lot, I'll tell you all about it!

26. So I was messing with my spreadsheet of all the cars that are currently pre-registered and here is the list of states covered so far:
    Alabama,
    Arkansas,
    Georgia,
    Illinois,
    Indiana
    Kansas,
    Michigan
    Minnesota,
    Missouri
    Nebraska
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Pennsylvania
    Texas,
    Wisconsin,
    And last but not least, from the great white north: Ontario & Manitoba!
    Thanks to all that are planning on attending!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  27. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

Ok...i'm in...#131!

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

131 entries and 2014 is only 4 days old!This is gonna be freakin' amazing!

29. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

30. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Entry 124 here.