Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seen on my trip to USA.North Georgia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Jan 3, 2014.

1. hudson48

hudson48

This post and the pictures are put up solely to show what is still out there and that people have some incredible collections. I am back in Australia and have no interest in the sale of the cars.

Back from my USA trip and photos sorted. I went for a drive from Dawsonville to Chattanooga to visit the Coker Tyre Museum and Honest Charley's Speed Shop. On the way up spotted some cars in the front yard of a property. On the way back I we stopped in and I was invited back the next day to view the cars.
    The story is an old guy(78 and in poor health) owns the cars and there is no family so he is selling the cars or at least some of them. There are some nice cars there but not kept in the best of storage. conditions. A lot of them are in a long chicken shed. I would say many of them are in average restored condition but need a little attention.
    He has been a collector since he was 13 but has an inflated idea on the worth of the cars.

Attached Files:

2. hudson48

hudson48

Lots more.The coupe in pictures 474 and 475 (second row)is a 1931 Packard and was purchased new by the then Mayor of Atlanta as a gift for his wife in 1931.

Attached Files:

3. hudson48

hudson48

More to come.The last few in this lot is in the chicken shed.

Attached Files:

4. hudson48

hudson48

Lots of dust and dirt but the cars are generally in good shape.

Attached Files:

5. hudson48

hudson48

Next lot

Attached Files:

6. hudson48

hudson48

Near the end

Attached Files:

7. hudson48

hudson48

Last few

Attached Files:

8. I think i would have arranged for some shipping containers to take a few of these vehicles back to the Australia! :D

9. k9racer

k9racer

Inflated price.. Make offers If he wants to sell he will consider reasonable offers. No only means not right now.. I think you picked the coldest time of the year to visit the south east USA.. At least it warm for your return home.. Thanks for the photos and the thread... Bobby..

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  10. damn Id like that spinner coupe in my shed..

11. Toner283

Toner283

I'd like to have that 35 Ford coupe. Really decent looking car, just needs some love. Lots of people think I'm off my rocker but I think the 35 grille is one of the best looking grille designs. I like it way better than the 33/34 or the 36.

Looks to be quite a few really desirable cars in his collection. Usually you will find guys with just one or two good cars and a dozen rusty four door sedans. This gentlemans collection seems to be just the opposite. Thanks for posting.

12. Olustee Bus

Olustee Bus

that is an amazing group of cars in my opinion. Everything I see should sell for a premium.

13. Geez, I,m his long lost son. ;)

14. Wow! Some extremely desirable cars there. Sad to see them stored poorly and to some degree "neglected". I completely understand how it happens though. We all get old and some of our best intentions regarding cars and projects sadly never come to fruition. I'm surprised that with the relative proximity to Corky and his operation that he hasn't made an effort to acquire the whole lot. Thanks for taking the time to post up the photos. Hope you enjoyed your U.S. trip...............................Don.

15. ChopTopJimmy

ChopTopJimmy

Thanks for sharing your photos. I find it absolutely heartbreaking to see all of those beautiful cars just wasting away. They deserve better. Hopefully somebody with deep pockets will swoop in and give them a good home. CTJ

16. Damn....some very nice convertable cars there

17. Anybody know what this 3W coupe is? Has beautiful lines...

[​IMG]

18. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

I was in Atlanta about eight years ago when a friend from Va. called to ask a favor. He asked me to go look at a 34 Ford Vicky. It was the same guy with these cars. He wanted 50,000 for the Car. It was in a two car shed so tight that you could not get a real good look at it. The Mohair upholstery was coming out in chunks from dry rot so my buddy passed. He was not in real good health then and his wife was even worse. I wouldn't know if he told you but his brother had passed away shortly before I visited and a big bunch of the cars you showed had belonged to his brother. He had a inflated idea of the value back then. I got the feeling that he didn't really want to sell the cars as much as he wanted his ego stroked. Every body hold on because he won't be around forever and maybe whoever owns them next will take a more reasonable price.

19. jambottle

jambottle

can you give us an idea of the asking price of some of the more desirable cars?

20. Wow....the guy has been collecting since he was 13 and is now 78? He didn't learn how to store cars properly in all that time??

21. Whew! Thats a lot of cars/trucks. I for one am actually glad I don't have that many to worry about. Its all I can do to take care of the 6 or 7 that I mess with.

22. hudson48

hudson48

1934 Nash Coupe.$50,000

23. hudson48

hudson48

I have a full list but just to give you an idea.
    34 5W Ford $45,000,34 3W $60,000,the 56 Sunliners range from $30,000 to $45,000.Maybe the best buy might be the red 56 2 door post with 350/350 2/4bbl at $28,000.The 35 coupe $35,000.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  24. this guy is out of touch on prices. i have talked to him before. the guy in lagrange on hwy 27 is just as bad, probably 500 or more cars and trucks rotting away. also old car city in white ga, same deal. they all like to talk and brag, a shame most of this stuff has deteriorated so bad.