Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Looking to shoot traditionally built customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joey Anchors, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Joey Anchors

Joey Anchors

I've been shooting a ton of hot rods lately and looking to shoot a traditionally built custom (late 1930's to late 50's cars). I do most of my work at car shows and looking to set up a real shoot where it's just one car, a great back ground and my vintage camera gear.

I am located in Philly so any where on the east coast works for me as I will be more than happy to travel to you.

As for my gear.. I use a Graflex 2x3 press camera that dates to 1949, Kodak and Ilford film (Color and B&W), and recently had a few of my shoots featured in a mag out in CA.

So if you are interested please PM me for more details

2. Just looked at your facebook page. Looks like you did some nice work at the Rodders Journal Show at Pimlico. Good luck with your endeavor............Don.

3. Joey Anchors

Joey Anchors

Here is a sample of my work.. I am looking to do more magazine style photo shoots.

[​IMG]

4. Joey Anchors

Joey Anchors

and a shot that made it into the mag..

[​IMG]

5. The photo of the '58 is awesome, but the one of the truck needs to have some sky and some grass cropped out of it. It also needed some flash (or some sort of additional light) to bring out the details of the vehicle. Not being critical here as I am no photographer just my thoughts. And I'm sure you edit your work after you capture the image. Once again, good luck with your efforts going forward.

6. jetcycles

jetcycles

I dig your work based on a quick peek at your FB page. . .good luck to you sir.

7. Joey Anchors

Joey Anchors

I couldn't agree more with you. This was the first time shooting for a mag and in color. I learned a lot from this shoot and looking forward to learning more as I more of this type of work.

I have been doing black and white for 8 years as that is where my real passion is..so color is something completely new to me still.

8. Joey Anchors

Joey Anchors

Thanks for the kind words jet! Feel free to "Like" my page.. I need all the fans I can get who get what I'm doing