Register now to get rid of these ads!

Viewing photos just got "strange" - FYI IT guys!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by gnichols, Nov 27, 2013.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

For the last several days, when I click on a pix to see it, the little clock icon just makes a few turns and then freezes. No image comes up. If I right click on the black box with the frozen icon, then the photo opens in a new window. I've also lost the ability to use the next / previous buttons. What has changed? Gary

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Try cleaning all your history / cookies out.

If you haven't done that in a long time - that affects a lot.

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^ sorry, didn't help at all. Gary

4. I assume that you're talking about clicking on the thumbnails of the pics that are hosted here on the HAMB. Maybe some updating or maintenance going on?

What browser are you using? Or does it act any differently in a different browser?

5. charlieb66

charlieb66

Same problem here.

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Something strange is happening... now I can't post a reply on a thread I've already posted to. And that thread isn't closed. DUH. Gary

7. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

Same problem here, moderators..any ideas?

8. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

Bump...
    I'm still having this problem, running Win7 w/IE11. Never been an issue until recently. Anyone got any ideas?

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Still the same, but different. When I double click on an image, usually I get the black box / screen and clock. Then I have to click on the screen to go back a step. Now when I double click the photo, it opens like it should. But other times, I get taken to another photo site where the images are hosted. Or, other times I get the photo to open the first time, but in a new window. Seems to me, that in days gone by the HAMB didn't care where the images came from, they just opened correctly in the window your were already in. Not so now. What I really miss is being able to open one photo and then proceed to the next one in the group. I can't do that at all anymore. I have to do the double-triple click deal to see each photo. Aggravating? Yes. Gary

10. I feel your pain. I've been having some of the same issues now for about a month even after clearing cookies and surfing history. It's only on the HAMB and no one seems to know what has changed.

11. Gerg

Gerg

Ok guys IT guy me found this thread try a different browser see if it follows the browser or the computer. Personally i use google chrome but you could try firefox if you want i will follow this thread and try to help out as much as i can. Once we figure out if its the browser or the computer we can troubleshoot it easier.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

same thing here.

13. ..........Seems like the problem happens when I use Internet Explorer but not when I use Google Chrome. (on same computer). I had my "favorites" on IE and was using that to access the site because I can't seem to set up a list of favorites with Google Chrome. Keep in mind that I'm an old guy and not very computer literate, but certainly appreciate any help you can lend.......Don.:)

14. Gerg

Gerg

There is a way to import favorites into chrome from ie i will try to find a quick guide at least its a work around for you guys until we can find a real solution i am doing this on my phone so i will log onto the computer in a couple of hours and update this thread as soon as i can.

15. butti

butti

I have been having trouble viewing pics for a couple weeks now..

16. .....Which browser are you using?

17. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Same here, thought it was my computer but it is happening on all three computers at work.

18. ......Do you know which browser is being used?

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I have IE, always have. I normally open the HAMB from a link in emails (MS outlook). Sometimes I open the HAMB from a shortcut on my desktop. That's about as smart of a response I can provide. All I know is that the way the HAMB works images is different now, versus the way it worked since I became a member. Gary

20. 210eddiep

210eddiep

Same here. Its been going on about 3 weeks.

21. Model T1

Model T1

Using Firefox and Windows 8. No problems. No changes.

22. So it seems that something changed 3 or 4 weeks ago with Internet Explorer that is causing the issues. Is that the consensus?

23. Gerg

Gerg

24. Have had the same here for a few weeks now.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  25. AHotRod

AHotRod

I think your right, I have the same issues when trying to view thumbnail pictures, they don't open, just get the spinning.

It's happening on other forums as well, like the Garage Journal and others.

I think it's Internet Explorer that has a issue or some update that has caused it recently. I've been trying to figure out what it is, but I'm no computer Guru.

26. AHotRod

AHotRod

Yes, IE 11 ....and that's when this issue started.

Have you any idea what it could be?

27. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I am in the same camp. With Microsoft I have to click on the picture twice to get it to load. No problem on apple.

28. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

I have been having the same problem , I am not a computer Geek. I figured I screwed something up.

29. Gerg

Gerg

Not sure is it just ie 11 guys having issues if so ryan should be seeing this personally i dont use ie enough to know my guess would be some kind of a new "security" setting from microsoft i will do some more research on it tonight.

30. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I have the same issue. Usually takes a second time to open the same picture if linked in a post. If from an album it opens right up. Clean my junk weekly as well.....