Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Rodding Resolution 2014

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.Ukrop, Jan 3, 2014.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

2. Well written, J. I myself have been guilty over the yrs. of not paying enough attention to the "Kustoms". I feel I'm more of a hot-rodder. So often I felt that many so-called customs were not tastefully done at all, changes just for the sake of change doesn't always work. It seems it's easier to screw up a custom quicker than a hot-rod 'cause more often than not you're adding things( e.g.skirts, spotlights, lake pipes, etc.) where with a hot-rod it's usually a matter of what can we leave off. Don't get me wrong, I have a tremendous respect for those builders who seem to get it right time after time. I think one of my resolutions will be to pay more attention to the great customs past and present though I will still be a hot-rodder at heart.

3. injunjoes

injunjoes

'my blue heaven' the 59 ford mentioned above is very cool, one of the very few 59 fords that have ever been customized to that extent (that I know of). I can only imagine how much of a job it was to section that car. I hate block sanding my 59 much less sectioning. And the tailights are very cool, ford made it very hard to customize this car especially the rear. Well written J.

4. Squablow

Squablow

This car has great proportions, it almost looks like an illustrated ad, I expect to see two tiny people sitting inside.

5. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Very nice car. I believe the car is still around. Here is pic of the car or might be clone at the GG show at charlotte around 2010.

Attached Files:

6. XERB

XERB

Who built the original?

7. carnut341

carnut341

I was in the Navy stationedin San Diego in 1961-63 and I saw this car sitting on Broadway one evening.It was beautiful! And also about the same time I also saw a1941 Chevy that featured in a lot of the magizines parked in the same area.It was a 4 door with a chopped top, hard top type windows painted black with I believe blue scallops. Both of these cars are still alive and have been pictured in magizines.

8. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

The front, rear, and side views look great to me. For some reason I don't like the quarter turn views. My personal truck is the opposite. Just an observation...

9. flamingokid

flamingokid

Sure looks like they did a nice job cloning it.Probably one of the hardest years to customize.

10. autobilly

autobilly

Two very happy, tiny people.

11. BRENT

BRENT

Wow, I didn't think a 59 could look so good. almost takes on a 57 ford look to it. Very cool and fresh.

12. kustomriv

kustomriv

Yes the car is still around. Its in a garage here near savannah, ga. Ron the restorer of the car still owns it and takes it out a few times a year.

13. verde742

verde742

It was sectioned in Portland Oregon, at a Sandy body shop I was 15 yrs old and could don't believe it was happening to a new car..

I know Phil Shafer painted it, and many others, and never got the recognition he is entitled'
    VERY talented,
    loved the guy, wonder where he is now?..