Register now to get rid of these ads!

News years find Willys coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 39WILLZ, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Thanks to a good friend Paul Kennedy went to look at a 38 Willys coupe that has been in England registered here in 1939 and has survived up to today this is an amazing find over here Richard Crane found it in the Leicester area hiding behind a garage in the early eighties and has owned it since,I went to look at it thanks to Paul's info and came home with it on New Year's Day still can't believe this was found over here just goes to show there still out there.
    There are a few parts missing that I need find if any one can help,1 door and both rear window garnish moldings and front windshield frame.
    Paul's going to put some pics up for me regards Wayne.

2. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Nice find. Looking forward to the pictures.

3. 33HEMI

33HEMI

4. WOW, I'm moving to the UK.

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats. That just gives me goose bumps.

6. Nice piece...way to go!!!
    g-willys

7. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Thanks guys still can't believe its real have to keep going in garage and just sittting there looking at it. Me.gasser the last pic reminds me of the pic of yours when it was found next to a garage spooky.

8. What a find!Body looks great too.

9. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's funny I hadn't thought of that and I had to look again. It does remind me of it. That's a great car that you have. I'm jealous.

10. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Awesome find ......way to bring in the new years for sure . Keep us posted

11. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

12. drumyn29

drumyn29

bitchin!!!

I have 41 windshield frame!

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Wow, that is a nice find! Congrats!

14. Nice..great project car!

15. Some guys have all the luck, seems like it's been raining down WILLYS on you.

16. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Thanks Geoff can you put that 41 frame down to me can mod that to fit,the Willys was in a shop many years ago to be restored but the guys running the shop done a runner with two of the Willys owners other cars and left this behind unfinished with loads of parts missing,seats ,dash,interior,handles,all door hardware, but lucky enough I have most of these parts in my collection it's just the garnish moldings I'm stuck with, I think Richard had just lost heart with the olld girl, now I have to decide rod or restore. Thanks for all the comments I feel like the luckiest man alive at the moment kind regards Wayne

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hot Rod, HOT ROD, HOT ROD, HOT ROD, HOT ROD!!

You know what? I think I would vote for Hot Rodding that gorgeous 38 Willys! What a fantastic find, congratulations on the find of the year!

I'm only totally Jealous!

Cheers,
    Doc.

18. Your luck amazes me Wayne, I only find four doors. Super find. JW :)

19. Incredible find in the UK. Didn't even know they were sold here.

20. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Thanks Doc yes with you I reckon gotta be rodded, JW how you doing don't know of a Willys coupe ever being found in UK before or even a 4 dr I'm still amazed, James D with you on that didn't know they were sold here I'm guessing it was a special order as it's right hand drive aswell I have been bringing a few in from South Africa and there all RHD maybe fell off the boat on the way through.

21. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

Happy New Year Wayne and what a new years day for you!!!! Must be the only one in the UK??
    What's the plan with the old girl? :D

22. Ozzie1

Ozzie1
    from Uk

Hi Wayne spoke to Paul tonight would you believe I had a spare set of rear garnish moldings in my garage for 8 years and sold them at supernats in august ! Paul knows were there gone yo may ba able to borrow them and get a set made !

23. 33HEMI

33HEMI

Thanks Tony I didn't want to tell Wayne about them garnish moldings.......LOL
    Paul.

24. She is beauty.

25. Everyone builds drag cars out of them. Do a mild hot rod with it.

26. Congratulations,amazing find! HRP

27. studebaker46

studebaker46

wayne amazing find congrats. as always it your car so build it in your style but a willys coupe screams hotrod or gasser happy new year and good luck with the build tom

28. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That thing looks minty fresh. Congratulations. My vote is in with the Hot Rod crowd. Or a Custom. Or a Hot Rod Custom...