Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone identify this front end?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IntrstlarOvrdrve, Feb 25, 2006.

1. IntrstlarOvrdrve

IntrstlarOvrdrve

Posted on another message board, I really want to say that it is an oldsmobile but I know its not. Sorry, I am no good at this, and its driving me crazy.

2. It seems to look like a Dodge-Plymouth circa 1936-37. Not sure about the model, but it definitely is from the 1936-37 range.

3. I vote for '36 Pontiac

4. squirrel

squirrel

36 plymouth?

[​IMG]

nope

5. squirrel

squirrel

36 pontiac?

[​IMG]

nope

6. After reading this thread... it started to bug me. I think I found it,though. I believe this is a 1936 Graham. This is the closest match I found while searching the 'net.I even noticed the emblem in the middle of the grill seems to match the holes where there is obviously is supposed to an emblem on the pic you submitted.
    [​IMG]

7. wierd. I have a picture of a restored '36 Pontiac, the grille doesn't look like that one.
    EDIT- oops- the pics I have are '35, not '36, but, no matter, I think the Graham has it.

8. IntrstlarOvrdrve

IntrstlarOvrdrve

I had thought about it being the graham too, and I thought that was it but realized that the headlights mounted on the fenders of the graham, and not on the side of the grill. The 36 plymouth maybe, I just ruled that out because we used to have a 36 plymouth and it had horizontal grill bars. The grill in the pic has vertical bars and the 36 poncho has horizontal bars too.

9. You're partially right. After researching, I noticed there are three types of Grahams in '36-37. There was the "Crusader", which did have fender mounted lights, as seen in the pic here, and the Cavalier.
    And there was the "110 Supercharger", which is on the other pic I sent, which has grill-mounted lights. I believe the Supercharger was the top line model.
    [​IMG]

10. Looks like wall art. What are your plans for it?

11. The lower edge of the fender where it curves up to meet the grill is unique but doesn't look like the Graham IMO.

12. Dugg

Dugg

I understand the owner is still waiting for the Allstate adjuster to come by and settle the claim.

13. Likely they will claim it be "an act of god" and refuse to pay.

14. xgarfieldx

xgarfieldx

I would say 36 37 graham cavalier

15. daliant

daliant

^^^ A little late to the party, aren't we? ^^^

16. Whew, glad you could come to the rescue only 8 years later :cool:

17. jkeesey

jkeesey

Better late than never, right?

18. This is why this board needs to do like others and auto-lock old threads that aren't tech threads after 6 or 12 months.

19. Who cares, is it really that big a deal???

20. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

The center section of a 36 Plymouth is vertical bars just like the outer ones. The headlights bolt to the fenders also.