Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Am I the only one who appreciates this thread more when it is kept to actual vintage photographs and not artwork, postcards, etc?

[​IMG]

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

No you are not the only one>

B:)B

3. Did Bobby suffer from nightmares??:eek:

4. Yeah, I just quickly scroll past that other stuff.

5. Personally, I have had my fill of ads that I can see on Ebay or other ad sites. "Vintage shots of days gone by" to me, means old photos. Like these....

Attached Files:

6. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

I love that Buick behind it though....

7. "No you are not the only one>

B:)B "

You are also not the only one. I'm also tired of the pictures of politicians<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Attached Files:

8. jroberts

jroberts

[​IMG]

Studebaker Assembly Plant, Walkerville, Ontario, 1923-24

9. Model T1

Model T1

Okay since we are complaining. How about adding a new thread for old airplanes and the thousands of repeat comments about them? Don't mean this to start any crap. It's just my complaint.

I do appreciate everyone's time and work to find all of the photos of any type. I find the buildings and scenery as interesting as the vehicles. Actually i find the airplanes interesting but it just seems like this is not the thread for it unless cars and trucks are in the picture.
    This is only my suggestion. Don't get all pissy about it. :eek:

10. J_J_

J_J_

would love to have some of these in my collection, my oldest son is a big Green Lantern fan and the youngest is a Flash fan. very cool!

11. Bellytanker

Bellytanker
    from California

They may not have had anything to do with the accident, but those front tires are worn out!

12. I'm tired of people bitching because they don't get what they want, wah wah.

13. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Don't have to get hot about it . . .:D

14. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Heavy Load on rear, bald front tires on wet road . . .

15. Yeah, and besides, there are people in ice water that want Hell.

16. J_J_

J_J_

Personally if it's vintage, and a part of history that's gone by I'm interested. I love the 60's drag shots and such, like some of the then and now of some of the old car dealer ships and hangouts etc. the airplanes, boats, pinups, actors etc. for me as long as the pic etc. was taken before 1970 I'm cool with it. on the other hand the incessant bitching about stuff, not a fan, scroll through it or skip a page quietly please just like I do.
    sorry rant over..

17. scrubba

scrubba

Folks , everyone has an opinion on this topic . Still, I want to express my thanks to the many of ya who have taken the time to share the pictures as I use a lot of this to back up my dioramas I do , both for myself and paying customers . So, happy new Year to ALL H A M Ber's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scrubba

18. OKG853

OKG853
    from Indiana

Exactly. Thanks for clarifying, though. Margaret was (some how) stuffed in the B-47 cockpit to take the images. Believe it was 1949. Note the cannons focused on the B-47 up front, top. The rear doors are also open but cannot see the guns.

19. The inclusion of aircraft material seems appropriate when there is a tie-in with automobiles. Examples might include attempts to build and market flying cars and the wartime activities involving planes in automotive plants, for instance.

20. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Nice! I had many of those comics when they were new and I never thought about saving them. If I only knew.

21. starwalker

starwalker

I disagree. Those ads, comic books, etc. were part of the culture. They remind me of those times, especially when I see one that I remember.

22. 55/98

55/98
    from washington

I see the dick-taters are back again.Love this thread,check it everyday. keep up the good work.

23. [​IMG]
    Ha Ha, finally figured out what the main object is in this pic. I am not referring to the long skinny piece which is probably a trim piece from a late model something.

24. starwalker

starwalker

[​IMG]

Alamo, Tennessee

25. EEZI

EEZI

26. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

27. Boatmark

Boatmark

Thanks - Yes I am very proud of the work they did. They took very old aircraft, and even older radar equipment, and got the job done. The AWACS plane needed a year to get their results to the level set by Dad's boys. (and girls!)

I need to get a picture of the EC version on here. You can tell it by the large pregnant radar array bubble under the belly, and on some versions a bubble on the top that looked like a small sub conning tower. Only two port holes on each side, forward of the wing, in the galley. All were long body "Super" Connies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.