Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What are Your Hot Rod New Year Resolutions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Well another new year and time to make New Resolutions.:rolleyes: Lets hear some HOT ROD ones.:cool: Like spend more time in the garage doing something other than drinking beer.:eek: I personally want to be more productive and organized in the garage, besides lose weight. I know you will say losing weight is not Hot Rod related, but it is! If I lose weight my Hot Rod will work less and be faster.:rolleyes: Ok what will you strive for?:p

2. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I am hoping to get my '29 coupe running and on the road by summer. Drive it all summer and work out the bugs so I can take it all apart next winter for paint and upholstery.

3. jesse1980

jesse1980

Get my frame done and back under the car, finish the metal work on the body, and have the motor and trans done.

4. I will try and get this done by summer as well!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

5. Change the oil, lube the joints & wear out the tires.

6. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get old yeller back on the road.It's been too long.Then actually start a build thread on the next project.

7. Finish something - maybe two

8. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

i like you are in CT so resolution is to move one car today and then move this years project truck in garage before big storm tomm if i dont move today not sure when ill be able to do

9. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Mine is to have my 48 set up by Spring for a 2-week road trip through the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia . Needs some interior work and quieter ( for my wife ) mufflers.

Really warming up here today...its already 4 degrees at 10 am

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  10. wicarnut

wicarnut

My BIG resolution is DO NOT start any more projects, just finish up what I have and enjoy more driving time, having fun with the cars and friends. John

11. For today its fix the flat on the '51 and new alternator on the '47. I'll get sidetracked enough just on these two projects to keep me busy for a few weeks.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Get the blower setup on, tune, tune again, and again, Race more, more shows, more cruising, and not go to broke while doing it. LOL

13. luckystiff

luckystiff

well since the new year finds me newly unemployed with with lots of time on my hands until a new job rolls in i plan to bust some serious ass on the 62 unibody. played with it some yesterday and actually hung a front fender and threw some rollers under it to check my mocked up stance with the jag front/explorer rear and it's pretty damned close to spot on. i raised the rear about an inch from my original setting just going off frame/body measurements. kinda floating between calling it good or notching the jag in another half inch and dropping the rear back to where it was. but plan is to get as much done as i can with what little funds i have.

I guess once it's a roller i'd love to pull the '67 vw squareback in the garage and redo the burnt wiring and hang the new front clip. i wrecked it back in april shortly after dropping $6k in building a 2021cc stroker for it which hasn't seen a 1000 miles since built. i wanna get it back as my daily a ditch the econobox i drive now....ken...

14. BillyM

BillyM

My target resolution? To actually finish the car this year.....but realistically, an achievable goal would be to organize my shop and keep it that way!!

15. Finish something.....anything.. I have too many ongoing projects and I need to finish one.
    Oh, and lose enough fat so that I can fit in my 28 roadster pickup, which I can't do at this time..:(

16. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

56don, you took the words out of my mouth.
    I need to finish something that's mine and not start anything else till I do.

17. Clean up and organize my old shop,,since I built my new one it's turned into a catch all,,parts,house hold furniture and my son-in-laws 68 Ford,,it's been there for a year and I'm sending it to his house.

Do some maintenance on the 32 sedan & fix a few minor things that I'm not happy with on the wagon. HRP

18. Hope to find the 40 coupe this year.

19. Davyj

Davyj

My resolution is to ignore a lot of car shows this year, and spend some enjoyable weekends taking the cars on day trips to obscure destinations with my wife. We feel lately it is more fun to have a 300 mile ride to nowhere than to sit at a car show all day in the sun. I know better than to plan and clean up the garage............everytime i do that it just makes room for new stuff to fill the space

20. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Had to pull the 283 out of the coupe because I made the dreaded mistake of not balancing the rotating assembly. Turns out the crank had been drilled for light weight pistons/rods. Goal is to get it back together and put many miles on it this year.

21. Well I printed off this picture of my "T" Coupe, which I had done and hung it up in the kitchen.

Just as a reminder when I start looking into the fridge. :mad:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789981

[​IMG]

My new years resolusion is to get on with my COE truck.:D

22. I will finish the update on my Model A PU by spring. This is my first hot rod since 1977. Really looking forward to 2014 with my grandsons and cruising beautiful Minnesota.

Attached Files:

23. I resolve to not resolve anything I have said I would try to resolve.......hmmmm.......but I am going to get moving on some of these long awaited plans to do some more wrenching on one of my projects. Today we are going to wake up the New Year with a lil' cruise in a straight axle 62 Nova......gotta go I hear something rumbling in my driveway.........:cool::D. Might have a pic or two when I get back:)

24. jlhelm

jlhelm
    from Minnesota

Go back to Bonneville.

25. rustang

rustang

Finish the wiring instead. Of putting it off and just driving it

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. leadsled56

leadsled56

Finish my kitchen remodel that I spoke of in my original introduction so many months ago. Then put the Premiere back in my shop to sort out brakes, wiring, and fix trans leak. After that spend all summer cruising around and enjoy it for a while!

27. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

To get my 32 5w on the road by early summer. Then start on my 48 ford convertible.

Link to the 5w build thread is below.

My other resolution is to go to different out of state shows. I'm skipping the big business shows this year.

28. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Drive "Old Bird" on my 66th birthday Oct 2014, here is the metal work all welded up. next clean up welds.

Attached Files:

29. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

Get the wiring done on my 27 T get bugs worked out , and hope to find a title for it......PINCHER

30. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

My resoloution; Quit wasting time on Vintage shots from the past,and get in the shop! Happy New Year All

Attached Files: