Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need year and make of ppg color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64ranchero, Dec 31, 2013.

1. 64ranchero

64ranchero
    from Peoria, Az

I am going to be painting a car soon and the owner picked the color of starlight purple (51931) and i am drawing a blank on finding the year and make of this color. I need the year and make of this color so the paint store in town can price it out for me and mix the paint. I have searched all over the hamb and used all the websites given for paint code matching and no websites seem to have the color. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Paintref.com

Search by any one.
    Make
    Year
    Color family
    Name
    Or
    Formula.

3. 64ranchero

64ranchero
    from Peoria, Az

The website you gave drew a blank, had my fingers crossed it would work.:mad: Thanks for the site. The only car ive seen use this color on the web was a 59 caddy rag top. If that gives any leads to anyone

4. Is it one of their vibrance colors? It won't have a year and make if it is. If that's a paint code then any PPG jobber should be able to punch it into their system and get you pricing.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013

5. Attached Files:

6. Starlight Purple code 51931 is off of PPG's Earth Winds color card, part of the Vibrance Collection. It is a PPG only color, that is why you can't find it listed anywhere. If your PPG jobber can't figure that out I am in fear for you. When they look it up it will have a "price code" and that is what they will base their pricing.

I found it within seconds of looking.

It is available in:
    Concept DCC
    Deltron DBC
    Deltron DBU
    Global
    EHP Vibrance water

I hope this helps,

Glenn

7. 64ranchero

64ranchero
    from Peoria, Az