Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy racing fan new to the group

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by toml24, Sep 23, 2009.

1. toml24

toml24

Hello to all members of HAMB,
    I'm Thomas Luce of Costa Mesa, CA. and I'm a fan of Southern California jalopy and figure-8 racing. I authored and published a 288 page, 1,550 photo nostalgia book titled "Memories of the California Jalopy Association"." The book was a labor of love and saved a lot of memorabilia that was "lost" for the last 50 years.
    I hope to engage the HAMB members in jalopy talk in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Luce
    Costa Mesa, Ca.

2. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

welcome to the hamb

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

You farmilliar with the old Monroe WA dirt track?? I know a few old racers

4. toml24

toml24

My research has been exclusive to Southern California between the years 1938 and 1969. My favorite car was the 1932 Ford 5-window coupe (stock in apperance with the exception of the large Lincoln radiator) and my favorite driver was Art Atkinson.
    Thomas Luce
    Costa Mesa, CA

5. Welcome, tell us more.

6. trackster

trackster
    from austraila

Hey Tom, Welcome a board , Its good to have another jalopy fan around. Im a bit of a Glenn Howard fan myself & a big fan of your web site when i can get on !! So tom you better start posting some pics of those TV jalopy days.... Paul.

7. k9racer

k9racer

Tom Welcome to the hamb.. I have a friend who did a history of balboa. I would like to purchase you book to add to my collecton from Edie Roach, Ace lane, Don Radbruch and Tex Smith. and a few others. Please PM or private message me with address so I can send a chech or a telephone number so I can supply a credit cards..You will find a lot of vintage circle track folks on the board..Bobby..

8. BIGDADDYUSMC

BIGDADDYUSMC

9. Welcome from CT! Love Jalopies!

10. BIGDADDYUSMC

BIGDADDYUSMC

WEEKS46
    I received your order ,The DVD will be shipped right a away
    Would like to hear your opinion on the DVD

Randy at [email protected]

11. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Thanks big daddy, i need to get my old man on getting a dvd(i'm perpetually broke) BTW the Sky Valley guys in Monroe WA guys made a DVD of a few races back in the 1950's and 1960's...... Quite a few aroura speedway guys i'd assume

FYI i'm piecing togather another dirt tracker, it won the championship in the jalopy class in monroe in 69 or 70 only to be replaced with a sprinter style body soon after, and the shell is all that is left