Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Who's cruising the Rose Parade route?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Every year the hot rod guys meet at the Corner Market in Pasadena early on New Years Eve, then leave around 9AM to cruise the parade route the day before the parade. This includes a drive over Suicide Bridge and then past the old house where Batman TV show was filmed in the 60's that caught fire. Anyone here doing this?

2. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Well, I live here in Pasadena and knew a lot of cruising went on 12/31 but didn't know specifically about this. "Corner Market"? Where are you talking about?

3. It's where the car guys used to hang out Saturdays at Fuddruckers a few yrs ago(did you know about that one?). They built the Corner Market in it's place. I don't know the exact street, just how to get there. It's in the same parking lot as the Sears, just North of the 210 near Michillinda. Are you familiar with this?

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

It's called the "Corner Bakery" at Foothill and Michillinda and they leave at 10 sharp.
    The parking lot east of Sears.

5. OOOOPS! You're right

6. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Yup, I know exactly where you're talking about now that you mentioned Fuddruckers, ha ha.

About how many typically show up for this cruise?
    Is my old ass, Rustoleum-painted '55 Chevy truck (avatar photo) ok for this or are just the gold chain guys preferred?:rolleyes::D

7. I'ma guess 100 or so. Used to be a lot more when they met around the corner at Cocos(?) on Colorado. Bring your truck, and don't worry about the homos:eek:. LMAO. It's a cool twist on cruising

8. metal man

metal man

That's the kind of thing I like to do with my car. Too bad it's 2300 miles away.

9. buckd

buckd

Did that in my 55 Chevy gasser in 1969. Fiberglass tilt front end didn't have the head lights cut in yet, so we installed them that morning. We cruised from sunup til they kicked us out. Those weren't the days! HAHA BUCKD

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

[FONT=&quot]On December 31st at 8:00 AM, the U.S. Air Force F-16 Thunderbirds will conduct a pre-parade practice flight over Colorado Blvd. The flying unit, officially known as the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron, will fly six aircrafts west to east from Colorado Blvd. and Orange Grove Blvd. This same flying unit will perform on January 1, 2014 for the Rose Parade, and as always, the flyer-over promises to a be a spectacular event.[/FONT]

11. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

did you say "don't worry?" oh i'm worried. our tv will be off that day.[​IMG]

12. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Did this riding shotgun in a former friend's early Nova about 12 years ago. If you don't mind getting silly stringed,wet tortillas, oranges, etc. tossed at your car by a bunch of fat spoiled kids as their obese parents just sit & watch and along with cops in riot gear who just look the other way, then it's a great "cruise route".

That was my first and last time.

13. I'm gonna try and check that out

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Just combing my hair and the fresh taste of tooth paste still linger's as I type and say. I'm going.

15. For those in Pasadena, what's the best place to view the F-16's this morning, and how do I get there from the Burbank Airport area? THX

16. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Uhhhhhh...this is at 10 in the morning. Nobody is allowed to set-up a parade watching spot until noon, therefore the only people out at this time are well behaved people, many from out of State here to enjoy the parade the next day.
    There are people waiting until noon when the City allows people to stake out their spot.....but nobody is camped out acting like jerks....not at 10 AM-Noon.
    We've done this morning cruise for many years and we've always been greeted with waving, camera shooting friendly people.

If you went down the parade route on New Years Eve, after dark, then you're a moron and deserved all the crap thrown at you..

17. Man, they were QUIET!:confused:

18. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

I will be there in the afternoon.

Dan you wont be the only non gold chainer truck cruising, my friend and I will be there our beat up trucks as well.

19. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I see. So if you cruise in the day time you're not a "moron" according to lord Mazooma, but just a few hours later it justifies open season on any car that drives by. Makes sense. Maybe you're one of those "morons" throwing crap after dark?

Hope all those people from out of state enjoy seeing your car drive by followed by two homos locking lips.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  20. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

21. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I think I'll pass, thank you. Let's embarrass our dysfunctional country some more.:eek:

22. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Rule #1:
    Don't put yourself or your vehicle in harm's way.
    People turn into drunk jerks after dark. If you are in a nice car like a Nova, hot rod, or anything else that you take pride in then low-lifes are jealous and therefore act like cavemen. They want to throw crap at a car that they will never be able to afford because they are dumb and lazy.
    It's 50% jealousy and 50% mean-spirited.
    That said, the morning cruise is always fun and light-hearted.
    After dark some people turn into jerks, so I stay away from all that mess.

As a bonus, the "Thunderbirds" flew overhead at 8AM this morning on a practice run for tomorrows parade.

[​IMG]

23. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

If we would of known the outcome then obviously we wouldn't have gone in the first place. I don't buy the "don't put yourself or your vehicle in harm's way" excuse.

24. Let it go Doug. You can't teach common sense.

25. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Common sense also means knowing the right people to blame. :rolleyes:

26. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Jeezus guys. You sound like a couple of old women. Intolerant old women at that.

27. Speedy Muertito

Speedy Muertito

Great shot!

Any pics of the nice cruising today?

28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Dougie Man, where were you? Was looking forward to seeing you this Morning @ The Corner Bakery. Or am I just blind from to much, oh wait, this is a G rated site so I'll just shut up. Any how, Have a safe and Happy New and hope to see you soon.

29. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

The silly string, marshmallow & tortilla deal hasn't been going on for years. I know, I was there then & I was there today.
    Always nice to see all the bitching about the cruise from the guys who can't get off their ass & go.

30. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Ha ha, true.

I was there is my pile. I got to the lot a little later than I wanted so I only took a few pictures. I'll upload them if I can find the little cable for my camera.:rolleyes: