Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official 2014 VIVA LAS VEGAS Thread - The Trashmen, Imelda May, Los Straitjackets !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Dec 26, 2013.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Tom Ingram presents 'VIVA LAS VEGAS'.

Next year celebrates the 17th annual Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend, and it is rapidly approaching, so I thought I should update you on some car show information.

Viva Las Vegas is April 17-20th , 2014. The VLV Car Show will be on SATURDAY APRIL 19th in the North West parking lot of The Orleans Hotel in Las Vegas.

All cars must be pre-registered at www.vivalasvegas.net Once the full 4 day wristbands are sold out, you can still buy Car Show only tickets for 4 days ($45) or just the Saturday ($25 in advance) which enables you to register a car "provided" we still have the space.

Here are some of the displays and special guests who will be at the Car Show on the Saturday:
    -Special Movie car display! An original '58 Plymouth Fury from 'Christine', A Delorean from 'Back to the future', The original 'Herbie the Lovebug', and car from 'The Beverly Hillbillies'.
    - Special 60's Gasser display with lots of historic Willys.
    - Special Hot Rod Corral - (Indoor Car Show outside).

- Awards Ceremony with hand made trophies plus cash prizes for:
    Best in Show.
    Best Custom.
    Best Hot Rod.
    Furthest Driven.

Gretsch Guitar giveaway !

- Over 120 vendors.

Entertainment:
    - THE TRASHMEN
    - IMELDA MAY
    - LLOYD PRICE
    - ROBERT GORDON
    - LOS STRAITJACKETS
    - THE AQUASONICS
    And many more !

- Plus Deejay / MC "Del Villareal".

Close to 1000 cars will be in attendance with a continued emphasis on Traditional Rods, Customs, and pre '64 Classics. For car safety, the parking lot will be locked up at 10pm each night and will re open at 10:00 a.m.

Like last year the Lonely Knights Car Club from Colorado will be assisting at the Car Show should anyone have any questions.

INSIDE THE HOTEL:-
    Those of you that really enjoy music there will be over 70 bands and close to 25 Deejays performing throughout the weekend. Also, don't miss: Tiki Pool Party, Burlesque competition, Burlesque Bingo, Swimsuit contest, and Charles Phoenix's Vintage Slide Show.

ROOMS:
    All rooms at the Orleans are booked but there are many other Hotels in the area, and some offer free shuttle buses to and from the Orleans. Also, some offer a special rate - such as - Gold Coast or Palms.

Sponsored by HOT ROD DELUXE , HOT ROD , & BUDWEISER .

Thanks very much

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. Well looks like another great vlv is coming up. Great is an under staement for the show. Hope to be there again for this one.. Dont miss it folks, your loss if you cant attend!!! Good travels!!

3. This is one show I don't wanna miss! Now if someone has Orleans tix, PM me please ;~)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I'd give a nut if I could go to this event.....it's one I have always wanted to attend, but especially this year Axle has lined up some great talent....Robert Gordon is one of my all time favorites.....I met him here in Jersey a couple of years ago and he was very gracious......also put on a great show, a few songs of which I have posted to YouTube.......search for my channel: cuznbrucie I may have to look into this and see if it's feasible for me this year!!

Everybody needs to get on board this one!!

CB

5. Mercchev

Mercchev

Always a great show, not to be missed. Lonely Knights will be there with a whole bunch of cars this year!

Attached Files:

6. kopis

kopis

Aww yeah! Looking forward to it! Throttle Kings C.C. will be there!

7. fsae0607

fsae0607

Can't wait! Driving the truck in this year.

8. socal75

socal75

Can't wait! We Already have our rooms reserved and tickets!

9. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Dang that time again? Shoot, I was hoping to have my car sprayed this year for it.
    Viva is always a good time, Luckly im in henderson. That 15-20 mintue drive is tough to make! :D

10. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks Axle. I'd low-crawl naked there through broken glass to see Los Straightjackets! Will probably be crawling home anyway...

Scotty

11. I cant wait, this will be my 4th year. always a great show and growing each year.

12. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

The alley cats and the vintage vandals cars will be there! I'll be driving my model 'a' for the comfortable 1200 trip.

13. Here we go again !

Happening late this year, good reason to ditch the closed cars, uncover those Roadsters and get 'em on the road...........

Johnnie

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Attention car owners and car clubs . We now have 450 cars approved & registered , so at this point 50 more cars can register for free. After we hit the 500 mark the rest will have to pay a fee. Register now. Don't hesitate . Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  15. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Got my registration in. Hoping to see it on the approved page soon.
    Gonna be a good time for sure.

16. 49panelsteven

49panelsteven
    from belgium

representing belgium this year ;-)

17. Dave50

Dave50

I`m on the wrong coast for sure...

18. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

I'll be going this year! Flying out from Buffalo with a few friends. Looking forward to it. Heard lots of good things. Bought my all access pass the other day.

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back to the top

20. Los Straitjackets made it down to Adelaide for the KustomKultureWeekender at the Highway Inn.

Smoooth, U gonna love their sound.

21. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I hope I can make it! Im getting Stationed across the street at Nellis AFB around that week some time so hopefully my Cars will drive after sitting in storage for a year. Also hopping to make the Mopars on the strip show. Wish they were both about a month later that would be perfect for me :D

22. I have weekend passes for my wife and I, cant wait! I'll be driving up Thursday night from the Phoenix area, staying at Rumor Boutique hotel because we got our suite comp'd for free but I hope to stay at the Orleans next year.

23. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

Had our airfare & weekend passes since Dec...can't wait! Been wanting to do this since '09. Staying @ Gold Coast.

24. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Heading over from H.B., Ca.-going to be only my second time.
    This is going to straight out rock!!!!!

25. I think this will be our 3rd time at Viva, and our 4th time at Ink N Iron. Anyone going to that too?

26. Speed~On

Speed~On

Greaser Bob, you could make the rounds....Lone Star Round-up and don't forget to head north to Torque Fest. I hate you!! :p

27. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

One of these years I'd like to make it. It seems like something always comes up

28. srs1

srs1

Registered! 1,425 miles for me. got 4 - 4 day passes and a full tank of gas

29. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Bwahaha!

30. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Attention everyone,
    We have passed our 500 registration mark for cars getting in free. There is now a fee of $50 which includes "Car & Driver" for the car show part of the event. Registration is still open, please go to: www.vivalasvegas.net purchase your ticket, you will be given a ticket number, then continue registering your car. It a pretty simple process . Thanks, Axle