Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project "No Buck$ 49"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod 49, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

So where's some teaser stuff? No pics, no nothing?

2. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Just be patient sir Jeeeeeemy!!!

3. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I just found this thread Brad, Cool truck!

4. saw your truck again at CHRR. when you going to update us?

5. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Just saw my truck in the Jan. '14 issue of Classic Trucks in a couple photos which was pretty cool!

6. romic tech

romic tech
    from hesperia

if he does not post some photos of the new project then I will throw a few up...For a guy that is a pin striper and never built a full tube chassis he is doing a great job..just wait till you see this thing..

hotrod 49 likes this.
  7. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

How patient should Jeem be????

8. The project is badass. It's too bad that it's off-topic for this site, because I think it would blow a lot of people away if they saw it. It looks great sitting in the chassis jig, but pictures don't do it justice. You have to see it in person to appreciate it. It's first class, on par with any professional shop, and there are so many innovate things on this car that have never been done before.

When it's in race trim and ready to compete, it will be a game-changer.

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absatively agreed!!!!

10. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Here's something I figured I'd share with you guys. I was striping some guitar stuff for Chip Foose a while back and took my truck since he hadn't seen it yet. When he was looking at the engine, he noticed the air cleaner wing nut wasn't quite right and I told him it pulled the threads out. He asked why I didn't put an insert in and I told him I didn't want it exploding in my hands while I did it. He proceded to take it off and said he was going to do it, I told him to watch his fingers. Here it is after he fixed it [​IMG] after he went out to put it on I asked if he squared up the air cleaner so it wouldn't leak. After explaining the goofyness of the cleaner design and how it will leak and telling him what I was going to do fix it (in my spare time lol) he grabbed it and said he wanted to fix it! Fine, but don't you have something, anything more important?... "Nope", OK then, have fun! Lol So he cut out an aluminum plate that filled in the the top area. [​IMG] [​IMG] and then he went out and installed it [​IMG] What a great guy!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    enloe likes this.
  11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Awesome! The "other Chip" saves the day!

12. daddio211

daddio211

13. daddio211

daddio211

14. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

He is genuinely a GREAT guy and will do anything for anyone!

15. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

I know this is a little off the truck deal, but I figured I'd show you guys a little of what I've been doing. It will give you an idea of what I'm building and how I'm going about it. Here's a pic of the chassis with the back tire mocked up (it's 24" tall) [​IMG] ans another with me standing by it at ride height (I'm 5' 10-11") [​IMG] and to show how the finished welding came out [​IMG] This is my first attempt at building something of this magnitude and I think it looks pretty cool so far! And for those who are into this stuff, YES I've worn out the rule book making sure I've covered EVERYTHING!

16. daddio211

daddio211

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya no kidding! so cool to see it in a size I can really see instead of my postage stamp cell phone!!! That rocks!!!!

18. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Man I've been wondering what you were up to. Chips a nice guy. You're a pretty good dude yourself. How the guitar turn out? Take care.

19. Mildsteel

Mildsteel
    from VALE N.C.

20. Moes49f1

Moes49f1
    from AZ

You built a great truck... I enjoyed following you build. Thanks for some great ideas...

21. that's an awesome picture and an awesome guy

22. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Was at the Grand National Roadster Show on Saturday with Alex and just saw Tuesday that someone had a little fun out on the grass! I wasn't around but apparently a model and photog liked my truck! [​IMG] Pretty cool and the show was absolutely bitchin' as usual!

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Awesome! sorry I missed it this year. Just been too broke and too busy. LARS is right around the corner though!

24. daddio211

daddio211

25. I thought I smelled something familiar when I rolled the passenger window down on the ride home......

26. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

you guys are "wishfull dreamers" , but she did add a bit of style to the mix .

27. 4444Design

4444Design

just gone through the whole thread

what a cool ride

you really dig into the Details and your fabbing skills are awesome

28. JSHAW

JSHAW

This truck is so Cool. Great motivation here on this thread. Keep the pics coming. Once again very COOL hotrod pickup.

29. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

You guys "crack" me up! Everyone who's into cars knows they're never really done (huh Phill!) so this was a pondering a couple weeks ago with Alex and myself. How would the truck look if we made the wheels look like they'd had the DOW 7 coating done, to give them the old school magnesium look? After a few quick pics and a 5 min. Photoshop deal this is what we came with. It sounded good while we were thinking about but just not sure after seeing it... [​IMG]

30. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Here's another size comparison shot of me and project "Hats" just to show how short the car actually is. Trying to finish up front suspension and steering at the moment then on to the back. I can't sleep 'cuz this is ALL I think about and I'm dying to go racing! [​IMG] also figured it wouldn't hurt wearing my lucky Victory Race Cars shirt!