Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oh No,Another "Whatz It Worth?" Discussion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51 BIRD, Dec 26, 2013.

1. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Ok gang,here's the deal: A buddy has a pretty nice 1948 Harley 45 and he was offered a heads-up trade for this '28-9 RPU. I know nothing about the truck other than what I can see in the pic. It appears to be well-built and it's not a RR. What do you think? Thanks in advance!
    [​IMG]

2. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Not enough info. A really nice wl can bring over $20K

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. And that is NOT a 28-29. Its a 26-27 model T. So when researching prices you are looking at the right prices.

4. TERPU

TERPU

That's a '26-'27 T Roadster or RPU depends on what tail you run. You could make that very easily into a Roadster if you are so inclined. Around here that's about a 6-8K Hot Rod if everything else looks as good as it shows in the photo. The 45 is fetching about 5-7 for a nice one around here. So it's not far off. I'd rather have the 45 but that's me. I don't fit in a T Roadster and that's the only reason why. Post the 45 in a picture.

all the best,

Tim

5. Is the body steel. Do the doors work? Does the cowl vent open? Looks like a 27.It Is worth what the weather like. Less now than in the summer. I have a 27 steel door slammer and have wondered the same thing about mine. I built it years ago. 1970's vibe

6. oldolds

oldolds

Finance the Harley, then buy the truck. That way it stops the "I miss my bike" thing.

7. ralphie9n

ralphie9n
    from new jersey

I saw this truck in person a few months back. It's built right. No shortcuts. I don't think your buddy will be disappointed if he does the trade.

8. That wood bed kills the look for me.

9. Squablow

Squablow

That looks like a $15K truck to me. I'd say $18K if it had a steel box and the subrail panels weren't awkwardly cut off, the wood box is too home-made looking for my taste, but otherwise quite nice.

Don't know what the Harley is worth, but I would think it'd have to be an awfully nice 45 to bring more than $15K.

Needs WAY more details to know if this is a good deal or not, but just from the surface, I'd say it certainly looks like it COULD be, and is certainly worth looking into deeper.

10. Squablow

Squablow

Holy shit, $6K for that!?! I (seriously) don't mean to be a dick, but I have to call bullshit on that. Show me one single example as nice as this one for under 10 grand.

I'd kill to buy something like that for 6-8K. I know prices in Wisconsin are going to be quite a bit different, but you can't even buy a shitty/cheezy fiberglass T-bucket with a 350 that's driveable around here for $6K.

11. Fenders

Fenders

I don't think it matters what either is worth.... which does your buddy like more?

12. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I would say Maybe $10k Max but I wouldn't pay that much. IMO the wooden bed kills it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Thanks! You have all brought up some good points. I sent a link to my friend so he can follow along.And,Yes,it's a steel-bodied car/truck. Here's his 45:
    [​IMG]

14. I wouldnt, but thats just my 2 cents. Just depends on what he wants.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Seriously..... what the hell is going on with that bed? The car starts of nice, then.......... Walmart chest of drawers strapped to the back. A metal bed would change the whole look of that car.

16. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

That is easy keep the Bike!

17. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

that 45 is gorgeous . anyone can build a truck like that ,well almost anyone .cant say the same for the 45.

18. The 45, no brainer here!

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The hot rodder wants the bike. What does that tell you?

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the T would be worth 6 - 8 thousand if it were just the rusty parts he started with bolted together and barely running if at all.

just went and had another look .. that T is cool and I even like the bed.

21. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

22. ^^^what Dorf said^^^....the 45 will be worth more in a long run....T buckets like that are easy to put together like that....45's like that are not...just saying....

23. brad chevy

brad chevy

If hes likes to ride trade if he wants to finish the pickup keep it.

24. 45, without even a thought.