Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi from Australia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rustys1973, Dec 26, 2013.

1. :D g'day from Australia, Barossa South Australia in fact, love the site and have been reading/ looking up info as a guest for sometime so thought I would go the next step!
    Cheers
    Dave

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

G'day and welcome to the H.A.M.B. its a great site and a wealth of info on real hot rod's!

Cheers,
    Doc.

3. Welcome from the US!

4. Chev46

Chev46
    from Australia

Welcome from canberra Australia

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

G'Day from another Aussie.

6. NudeBomber

NudeBomber
    from East Texas

7. 392modela

392modela

Hello from Wisconsin

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

Welcome from Melbourne
    tell us about your ride

9. Hi again, our Chevy truck has a 235 engine, three speed, it's mostly original, I am however struggling to ID the actual year, there is so much info available on line to ID US built but not Australian, we believe it is 46 going by a website I found that looks at inner fender brackets and the location of the door lock etc, I would post a question in tech asking but I don't have enough privileges to do so.
    I need to find exact year so that I can order parts for it and the parts I want differ through out the years.
    Would appreciate anyone that can shed some light.
    Compliance plate says Chev 160D
    Other one says
    Model 46/4201B
    Cheers
    Dave

10. Hello from Echuca Victoria :)
    It's hard to identify a lot of info on any early Ford, Dodge or Chev trucks that's been here since the day it was built.
    Went through this with a F4 cab I picked up a while ago, these trucks were mostly made up from kits imported direct from Canada, can have many differences to regular USA and Canada models as they can have some local parts in them as well.
    Best way to order is via visual identification comparing your old parts to parts catalogue pictures. Also look at some earlier models parts lists as I suspect we were the dumping ground for obsolet parts too.
    Have fun

11. welcome to the show ....

12. Thanks, yes it is tricky - I have asked for measurements of parts I have ordered ie full length running boards to make sure they will fit, Nostalgia Sid is currently doing a lowered Beam for me, hopefully that fits! I have three Aussie built cabs and they all have different info on ID tags and all three have different firewalls - I have no idea why they would have changed the firewalls as all three have plenty of space for all engine options offered back then (only sixes) I agree Richie, I think back in the 40s we were probably throwing together whatever we were sent to make a truck, I read an interesting article on these Holden built trucks apparently assembled by mostly women during the war while the men were at war and they were all meant to be destroyed at the end of the war, but lots sold to farmers at cost pric

13. G'day from down the road....Is that photo in front of Eric Parkers place?

14. G'Day! Yes it is in front of Erics place, drove past it again yesterday on the way to the Sedan swapmeet and there is cars in there now - this pic was obviously taken when the second hand place was there - and when our pick up was still drivable. what part of up the road are you?