Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pregress on the 32 Plymouth PB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BradM32ply, Dec 24, 2013.

1. BradM32ply

BradM32ply

The 32 Plymouth PB Chassis is complete. The body work is underway. I had the body soda blasted, but the guy actually sand blasted most of it. I not happy about that but am moving forward. I have started replacing the rotted floor sections while my metal fab skills improve.

Attached Files:

2. BradM32ply

BradM32ply

More pics

Attached Files:

3. Cool,seeing more Mopar's here.Gonna be Mopar power?

4. lonestar395

lonestar395
    from Australia

Sand blasting would have been necessary to remove rust, I guess. Soda wouldn't have cleaned it up...
    Good to see some Mopar activity on here, cool car.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice seeing clean metal for a change. Funny how sandblasted stuff will stay rust free in some areas for years, but will turn in a few days in others. Good luck with the project. Bob

6. keep up the good work

7. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Awesome! Great to see another Mopar!

8. 60 Belair

60 Belair

looks like a nice project. I hope you gonna keep the fenders? Andy

9. BradM32ply

BradM32ply

The sandblasting caused some warping. I have some work to do to fix it now. I was planning to prime it immediately with acid etch primer after it was blasted. I decided it will be easier to do the body work if I don't prime it yet. I am using a wire brush and ospho to clean up the spots where rust is restarting. I am using the fenders and will make it look mostly original. Planning to run reverse steel wheels, baby moons and white walls. I am going to run a Chevy 350 and a Muncie M20 4 speed. I was thinking of going all mopar ( I was thinking 360), but I had a great deal on the Muncie and felt the 350 would be cheaper to build. I just don't see old Plymouths at the car shows, so I am very happy to be building this one. I have said it on here before, but this car was my dad's hot rod and daily driver in the 60's. The previous owner had done a lot of mods to it like a Ford grill and hood. I am returning it to a Plymouth PB hood and grill. With the old paint removed, a lot of old body work and rot has been revealed. I have a lot of work to do. My avatar is this car. The Ford grill and hood can be seen in the picture.

10. BradM32ply

BradM32ply

OK. It looks like I need to learn how to spell progress. :)

11. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ahead of me....your coupe is coming out great, only
    hope mine will be as nice...

12. Great to see another Plymouth being built, I have a '31 PA coupe. Sorry to hear about the warpage, it all depends on who is doing the blasting.....I have blasted many bodies with no damage.
    Keep the updates coming!

13. mossback44

mossback44

Glad to hear that you are putting the fenders back on. Full-fendered '32 PBs are sweet looking. You may already know this, but reproduction steel running boards with rubber covers are available for your car. So are fiberglass rear fenders and the gas tank cover.

14. BradM32ply

BradM32ply

Mossback, I have seen someone selling running boards on EBAY, but I thought they were only the rubber pads. I do need to replace the running boards. The previous owner had fabricated running boards from expanded metal. I am planning not to use them. I had assumed I would have to make the new running boards. Is the person that you mention selling on Ebay? I may be interested in making my own steel running boards, but buying the pads??? Don't know yet.
    Thanks for the input.

15. BradM32ply

BradM32ply

Thanks to all for the encouraging comments. I really don't know what I am doing. This is my first build. I have to say, I have always been interested in old cars, but did not make it a priority in my life. I am feeling a little addicted now.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

That's ok, as long as you're hooked now. Bob

17. drflex

drflex

i'll be watching this one. I just pulled my 32pb out of storage last weekend.

URL=http://s597.photobucket.com/user/grspro55/media/100_1770.jpg.html][​IMG][/URL]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  18. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Drflex, cool build, do you have a thread going on it?

19. drflex

drflex

not yet, I work slow, so I'd like to get farther along before starting a thread on it. but I will.