Register now to get rid of these ads!

A John Force Christmas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce3wCpe, Dec 23, 2009.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad to see this thread again. I got to meet John at Indy a few years back and got to give him a hug. He has always been one of my favorites. [​IMG]

2. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Wow another year gone by......back up again!

3. I'm glad to see this thread again. Good story right there.

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for bringing this up again. We went out to the Nationals in Indy again this year and went out to eat on Monday night. I got to talk with John again there and met Ashley's little boy Jacob. What a cutie. As we were all leaving John stood and held the door for us. Now that was special door service.
    Gasser Girl

5. doc's

doc's

....kinda puts things in perspective - great story!!

6. Great story, thanks for bumping.

7. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Well the "old man" won it all again....back up for 2013 !

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16 Championships. Great job John Force. Glad to see this up once again. This year I received a phone call from John about a mutual friend of ours. Pretty cool answering the phone and hearing him on the other end.

9. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

That's awesome.

10. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

You know, for those who think John is a "prick" he is the Mohammed Ali of Drag Racing. He has done more than any other single person to promote the sport we all love. And while he is at a National Event he meets 1000+ people every day, and each one of those people expect his full attention, and in most cases, he gives it. But like any human being, he can't be "on" 24/7. And if he is a little short with someone after just hanging up the phone where someone is giving him some bad news, he is a prick all of the sudden. John Force is alright, he is a great guy, and has done so much for the sport. BTW, I have meet Ali a couple of times, he didn't have the greatest reputation ether. After meeting him, I came away with this, he is a fine human being. And the man would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I suspect John would be the same way.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    kiwijeff likes this.
  11. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always liked John and now I know why!

12. I look forward to this story every year. Thanks for bringing it back again.

13. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

What a great story!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

That's a great story..........and reminder of things that are most important in life

15. First time I've seen this story Thank you for sharing I've always like John Force Merry Christmas!!

16. He is a nice guy, he signed this: :D

I'm going to have to forward his Christmas story to a few people.

Attached Files:

17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'm one of those guys who used to get tired of seeing John Force on drag coverage talking loudly, and thanking everyone. Just seemed over the top to me. But my attitude about him changed since I first read this post years ago. Now I could care less how loud he talks, as I have a different outlook on the man himself.
    Thanks for bringing this post back up again this year! I always enjoy reading it, even though I have it almost memorized now! ;)

18. zoomma

zoomma

What a great story.
    First time that I've seen it.
    Thanks for posting.

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I can see him telling this story in person: "I was gettin a lil loose at the top end and WHAM! Logging truck. I pulled it together and never forgot how important family is!"
    Merry Christmas everyone.

20. badgascoupe

badgascoupe

I've met John Force @ tasca ford in Ri with my wife and 2 boys and @ gator nationals and both times he was a very nice guy.Story just made me realize why he's such a good guy.

21. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

One more bump till next year........

22. captmullette

captmullette

a must read..........

23. 20th Century Chevy

20th Century Chevy

4 year old thread that I haven't seen. That is a great story!!!

RDR likes this.
  24. Thanks .. It is a story I have read and I always read it again from beginning to end. He is NHRA. You love him or hate him. I love to hear him speak. Wide open all the time, talks to Elvis the first 300 feet. I had the chance to talk to him late in the day at a track. There was only a half a dozen fans left and he spent 20 mins. talking to us. Then in a twinkle of the eye he said "Gotta go Gotta go to work pay some bills" and he left..... A True Champion for our youth to look up to.

25. towithome

towithome
    from oregun

born poor but rich in spirit......lucky man! He's got my goodguy vote.

26. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Another year gone by...Merry Christmas.

27. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

28. Rustygt

Rustygt
    from Emeryville

My folks are from Oklahoma too; came to California and did the best they could with what they had.
    Pop always had time on Sunday to take us to Fremont, Vaca Valley Raceway and HMB.
    Whatever you think of John Force, he is a legend and a hero to kids all over the USA.
    We need more people to be role models like Force, enjoy them while you can !!

29. Ebert

Ebert

Spoke with John today...he is JACKED about 2015,,,,

ME.GASSER likes this.