Register now to get rid of these ads!

Besides "Cars" what are your other hobbies? w/video!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

i collect old car magazines. I buy them and sell them and trade them. Lately i seem to have been collecting hot rod stuff for future projects. I seem to have developed a valve cover fetish.

I alsso enjoy weight lifting and shooting and reloading.
    lets not forget motorcycles:)

2. I have started to restore vintage travel trailers. They arent professional, but pretty darn nice when I am done. I am remodeling a vintage trailer into a mobile office/ vaccination/ adopathon mobile to donate to our local non profit pet rescue right now.

3. derbydad276

derbydad276

Boy Scout Leader wood badge (owl)
    NRA jr shooting sports instructor

4. ghornbostel

ghornbostel

Shooting vintage 10 meter match air rifles (Walther LGR, HW55) and pistols (FWB 65) and riding trials converted twin shock (Bultaco Alpina and Hodaka Ace 100) motorcycles.
    Regards

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Cool collection! :D

6. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

Hunting, quading, fishing and camping

7. I also collect Vintage multi engine karts from 1961.
    The far left is a McCulloch with dual MC9's.
    The far right is a Fox with dual Clintons.
    The centre one is a Rathmann Xterminator with triple MC10's.
    The karts are fully restored using many NOS items. The center engine on the Xterminator has a NOS McCulloch stroker kit installed to increase cu.in. displacemant to bring all three engines to a total of 16.5 combined which was the max for the class at the time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  8. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear

Spending time with Mrs and the pet kid, Twerpy.

Archery - Twerpy and I shoot some tournaments and bowhunt (she also shoots in a weekly league). Mrs is starting to get into it a bit, and seems to be having fun. Not sure she'll ever get on board with the hunting part tho.

Hunting - I love it. Doesn't matter whether it is pigs and varmints, deer, dove or whatever else. Daytime, night time, rifle, shotgun, bow, they're all fun.

Cigars, books, home improvement type stuff. I stay pretty busy

I'm getting too old to still be this dumb - DM

9. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Rackem up,8 ball and snooker,my favourite game was playing the 'late' Eddie Charlton.also restoring old caravans,cruising swap meets and markets for old stuff,fishing off the pier at St Kilda over summer enjoying a few beers, Gaz!

10. Did you get a couple of them from the USA ? I swear the triple xterminator was Ron Cubels kart and the Fox with the E65's came from here . Reguardless they are true pieces of art .

Brian

11. [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Add vintage flattrack bikes to the mix.....

12. Wow, rodomotive, I've got several miles in a Mac with twin MC 20's!

13. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Hunt and fish

Attached Files:

14. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Light fixtures and furniture:)

Attached Files:

15. Is collecting dead hookers considered a hobby?

16. trollst

trollst

Leather stuff, saddle bags, cases, briefcases, motorcycle tool bags, wallets, billfolds, custom lacing, I started cause I couldn't afford to buy a set of bags for my shovel, my first pair of bags turned out better than what I could buy. I also enjoy dirt bikes and quads. Mostly though, its building my gofaster, its been a long time since I had too much power, hopefully my Chrysler coupe will be roadable in a year. Check me out at www.trolls.quack.net

17. r.l.r

r.l.r

I am a fan of "Horsepower" real and mechanical. Other than my cars, I have a Streetglide that I spend a lot of time on in the summer. I am an Equine Nutritionist by trade and my wife and I also have about 40 head of horses, 3 being stallions and about 17 broodmares. We raise anywhere from 6 to 12 babies a year and train them for "Reining" a western discipline sport that is worldwide. The video is one of our foals from last year that we raised and trained that is a 3 time National Champion and has won close to $50K in the last 3 years.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/54248490" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/54248490">Reminhick and Brian Welman, owner Travis Jon Lemke - 227.5 - Adequan NAAC Open</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/nrha">NRHA</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

18. [​IMG]Messing with the rocket belt in front of my hangar. Sorry, don't know how to post video.

19. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

I love fishing. Also collect and refurbish old and antique rods and reels. I build model cars from time to time, and mess with motorcycles,and bicycles too.

20. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Ham radio, real trains, hi-rails and speeders.

Attached Files:

21. GaryC.

GaryC.

I'm a fly fisherman. It's actually more addictive than the hot rod.
    What some of you know me for though is hot rod art.
    It's pretty addictive to.

Attached Files:

22. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

23. gicknordon

gicknordon

I'm a drummer, as seen in my avatar

24. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

Riding and chasing trains, exploring ghost towns and volunteering for HABITAT FOR HUMANITY several days a week.

25. Speeders! I thought I was the only one. ;) My partner and I ran this one on standard and narrow gauge railroads all over Ca, Az, Co, and NM for 10 years. I sold it when cancer took my partner in 2009. Just wasn't the same without him.

[​IMG]

26. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

Woodworking, flyfishing, mountain biking, and a lot of other ones that end in "ing"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  27. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

I used to pilot for the local speeder club when they came and ran on our tracks.
    Sometimes I took a speeder sometimes my hi-rail. If was cold out I always took the
    hi-rail...lol

28. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

The pic didn't post the first time.

Attached Files:

29. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

When not tinkering with my Mopar; Im Collecting HotWheels and other Mopar Diecast, Jeeping, Working on F16 Fighters for the Airforce takes up most of my time , Playing with my daughter. Going to Metal Concerts and Picked up golfing this last spring :D . but its all delayed since Ive been finishing up my one year deployment to South Korea.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. firingorder1

firingorder1

Apart from cars my hobby/passion is the salt. Trying to see how fast I can get an oddball three wheeler to go. Its all a matter of money. Building a tank would be great. But that will never happen. Being retired on a fixed income means do with what you've got.

http://youtu.be/r5EBHbk3Ito

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.