Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does it matter where you place your Fuel Pressure regulator?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Dec 21, 2013.

1. jkeesey

jkeesey

Loss of pressure isn't gonna matter much in this scenario. The entire fuel system is about 3ft long.

2. CJS

CJS

OK guys, I know we hate to do this until after we have a problem, but. read the f--king instructions. Now, please pass the dam bottle . It's Christmas. Have a good one.

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

From a performance point of view, it makes no difference where you put the regulator. Just put the fuel pressure gauge as close to the carb inlet as you can.

4. Sorry my 50 year old parts, didnt come with any.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Reading instructions is not TRADITIONAL!!!

6. Dunkmack9

Dunkmack9

He is right about the only thing that really matters is that the indicator be near the adjustor. Gasoline, like water, does not compress much at all. Unless you are running very long rubber fuel lines, the pressure is not going to change inside the system. It is just like plumbing a water system, in that all pressures within it stay constant. But, of course we are talking about a fuel pressure regulator for a car, and practical matters come into play as far as placement. However, I could imagine a reason someone could want the gauge on the dash. Maybe not the best idea, but it would not matter as far as pressure.

7. 19Fordy

19Fordy

As a side note, I found that if you plan to use a fuel pressure gauge, drain the silicone liquid from it and it will then give a constant reading instead of dropping back to zero. It seems that the engine compartment heat affects the silicone liquid. This gauge is mounted on the fuel pressure regulator.

Attached Files: