Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Do You Collect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Nov 13, 2008.

1. well... i collect vinyl. all sorts of genres from punk to funk, i just came up on about 200 45s that are nothing but 80s dance music, which is good for me since i DJ:D. i played some of them on saturday, and the girlies went crazy:cool:

2. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

I use to collect all kinds of things, cd's, records, die casts....now I sell it.

3. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

Lionel trains, license plates, oil cans, beer cans. Way to much.

4. tiki mugs, little books, and anything to do with Kustom cars.

5. Larjk9

Larjk9

X Wives

Exhibition of speed violations.:p

6. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

Ha! That's funny stuff!

7. i collect anything to do with hot rods.
    i build model cars too, but dont collect em.
    theyre a by product of buildin em. lol.
    [​IMG]

8. flatzford

flatzford
    from Maine

Electric Fans!! They have to be on the small side and of the inexpensive variety sold back in the 30's/40's. Nick named Drug Store fans since that is where they were sold. Have about 30 or so all restored and sitting on shelves. I know, what a nut job I am!!

9. 65stepside

65stepside

scars
    and because of who is in my avatar chewed things

10. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

HO Trains, AFX slot cars, Models, Drag Racing stuff, Salt Water fish. Seems like if its expensive I've collected it.

11. Frank

Frank

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ding ding ding!!! That's by far the coolest collection! I thought for a while I was going to start collecting engines but then I realized how big they were and after hitting my shins 100 times I got rid of most of them. Still own a Cad, Hemi, 265 Chevy and the flatty in my Merc though. Hated to get rid of the Rocket and Nailhead.

13. 1940,s straight 8 chryslers have 1941 passenger car and 1947 marine. Also 1929 Dodge parts for the new project. Rob

14. mj40's

mj40's

I collect any size model cars that pertain to 1940 Ford coupes or pickups, 1940 licenses plates from all 50 states, PPG paint posters, miniature gas pumps, black powder cannons, cast iron Dutch ovens and cookware, cast iron miniature stoves, old product cook books, coke thermometers, kerosene railroad lanterns or Dietz lanterns, mechanical antique kitchen gadgets, meat grinders, chainsaw carved wood bears, coke memorabilia, Griswold pups, pug dogs and figurines, Boy Scout handbooks, magic books (350+), guns, silver dollars and just about anything old. Two is a pair and three is a collection.

15. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

No, you sir have an awesome solution to not having "those wheels I saw at that one show, WHAT WERE THEY!?!" Syndrome, it has hit us all at one point or another even if not about wheels, maybe distributers or manifolds. P.S. I also wanted to add that my neighbor collects carbs. He has those big plastic bins full (absolutally full, not just close to) of rebuilt stromberg 97's, 94's, 81's, and 48's. He also has some other carbs but he has some rare manifolds that sit on his mantle, oh yeah. His piest de resistance is the 3 SETS of Ardun heads he uses as book ends. WTF!?!

16. diamond dave

diamond dave

i collect route 66 memorabilia, vw microbusses,guitars, liscence plates, mexican blankets, old flashlights, old desk fans, coleman lanters and camping stoves.
    and more recently, vintage campers. i sold the only one i had, and now , i've got 4 .they multiplied like gremlins when you get em wet.

17. Dirt and dust. It's cheap, it's free and............just jidding. The question should be what don't I collect? I think I need to have a clearance sale.

18. 31fordV860

31fordV860

A few Matchbook Covers -

Attached Files: