Register now to get rid of these ads!

292 y-block pistons: a strange idea

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblockhead, Nov 11, 2008.

1. digspeed

digspeed
    from nebraska

It appears the original poster is absent from this dialogue. Anyone out there have any experience with decking the block with OE pistons? With adjustable rockers, it should be much easier than the Cadillac. Y-block builders needed.

Thanks,
    Speed

2. sunbeam

sunbeam

Just a note I assemble the engine very tight pistons barely going in the bores apply grease to the top edge of the piston when it is at tdc. Once the piston is moved down you wipe the grease and cuttings out with a clean rag. When the engine is dissembled you finish hone for piston fit.

3. yblockhead

yblockhead

whoops! havent been around in a while. got distracted with another project. its running with an ignitor 3 setup and a edelbrock tripower 357 manifold and some holley 94's ( actually 2110's). its only running on the center one now tho. seems to do just fine. the packaging of the clutch and disc brakes underfloor had me stumped until i found a bracket that would let both be hydraulic and under the dash. ill pogt a pic in a second. im not sure you can find the buick pistons cheap anymore!

4. yblockhead

yblockhead

see attached pic...

Attached Files: