Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Models 12/22/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cdansie, Dec 21, 2013.

1. cdansie

cdansie

OK I'll kick it off early

Thought I would share with you my first build of the new Revell Slingster. I say my first because I will be buying more of these when they are finally on the shelves here - now available in the US. This is an advanced copy sent to me for my magazine column here in Oz.
    I thoroughly enjoyed building this kit. As you can see, it is almost a direct scaled down version of the old Sizzler kit. Also evident is that the Sizzler kit was nowhere near 1/24th scale if the Slingster is 1/25th. I have included a couple of shots of it with the Ramchargers rail and the Winged express and it looks OK to me.

My only hassle was that the decal sheet, while excellent in quality, was too big for the model. It is almost as if it has been scaled to suit the Sizzler body.
    I have let Revell know so hopefully they will address that
    Leftover parts include a set of wire wheels (no tires, injected small block chev short block dragster body panels etc

Chris

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aircap

aircap

OMG! I built ALL of those models as a kid. TOO COOL! Thanks.

3. gmcman52

gmcman52

This kit is on my Christmas wish list, Are you listing Santa................ nice builds too.

4. Deuces

Deuces

Very cool indeed...:):):)
    Since I'm on Christmas vacation for a couple of weeks, I might as well start on my vintage (1963) Monogram 1/8 scale Deuce kit....;):)

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice head's up! A very cool old / new model. Gary

6. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Thanks for starting this, this week cdansie.

Great lookin drag cars.

7. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

8. thehazguy

thehazguy

Ok, nice Slingster build Time to Google it to see the availabilty Thanks

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  9. customcory

customcory

I accept that they made a new Sizzler, and I will get one, but I love the original big one, I loved the rear wheel and tire combo on other cars, even though it was to big for 1/24 cars growing up. Still after the original.

10. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Great work cdansie ! I remember that kit as a kid . Going to have to get one myself ! :)

Hey Deuces ! - Is that big '32 kit from '63 you have the one that has a yellow highboy w/wide whites & mags on the box ? If so , how about posting a pic of the box ? I always loved that version , and I want to build one in 1/25th .

11. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

CD we must be sending out positive wave to each other. Mine was recovered from the trash. I made do with the parts that were left.

Attached Files:

12. scrubba

scrubba

Once again, we can re live our childhood fantasies via Revelogram !!!!!!!!!!

scrubba

13. gbk

gbk

I think Revell has done a fine job of "splitting the difference" between the somewhat primitive, almost toy-like, flavor of the original and the demands of contemporary adult modelers, and it's already looking like it will be a massive hit for them. Re-scaling it to 1/25th from what would appear to have been close to 1/20th in the original goes a long way toward giving it the finesse we expect in our models today. The chassis, if not the front suspension, is very much in keeping with modern standards and most of the rest of the kit will respond easily to detailing and upgrading. I especially like the hairpins on the Slingster, which will eliminate a difficult to achieve upgrade (without raiding valuable bits from other kits) if they had stuck with the design of the original ones.

A couple of years back I challenged myself to get 4 cars out of the Round2 AMT Double Dragster "Tin Box" release.The fourth and final build was based on a resin re-pop of the Sizzler Bantam body shell dropped onto the inline engine digger rails from the Double Dragster kit. Surprisingly, despite the ernormously out of scale size of the Sizzler Bantam shell, it looks OK on that 1/25th chassis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Deuces

Deuces

The one I have is the first "red" version... But the box shows a few pics of the painted yellow roadster on the side panels... I don't have a pc anymore..:( I'll try and post a few pics with my cell phone if I can in a bit....

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

HOLY SHIT! I might have to actually go buy a model kit!!

16. gbk

gbk

I did a web image search on "Yellow Big Deuce". Is this the image you're referring to? It looks real sharp! I can totally relate to wanting to build a small scale replica!

[​IMG]

17. philo426

philo426

18. Deuces

Deuces

I have that assembly manual along with the one that came in my '63 Big Deuce kit....:)

19. Here is the progress on my 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford Roadster. It's starting to look like something.

Attached Files:

20. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

That's the one ! I'm usually not really big on yellow , but with the wide whites & mags , along with the white interior , I just think its sharp as hell . I've got a Revell 1/25th '32 roadster kit I will use as the basis , and the wheels & tires will come from a Lil Coffin kit I have in my stash closet .
    This will be my next project after I finish the '62 Impala boxtop that I am currently working on . Great work again today on here . Thanks guys !

21. I built this 1/8th Scale Big Deuce kit in 1983; yellow with wide whites. I found it in my mom's attic several years ago when she moved. It will be rebuilt.

Attached Files:

22. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

Another Willys

Attached Files:

23. Pscott

Pscott

I built this small scale version of the Big Deuce a few years back, used the Revell 1/24 "classic cruiser" as the basis along with bits & pieces from other Revell kits.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Merry Christmas to all!

24. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Pscott - WOW....that is stunningly beautiful ! I bet you got the Raider mags from the Revell '64 Thunderbolt kit , right ? I love the early '60s era look . Nice work !!:cool:

25. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

26. Man I love those old front engine Rails. Awesome.

27. fordcpe

fordcpe

Posted these before but seems like a fed post so here they are again. Darrell

Attached Files:

28. Church Key

Church Key

Nice job on the Jr. Fueler, Old Coyote. I am working on an A/FD using the same chassis you used. My camera is broken so there are no progress pictures. I will post a 1964 D/FD model that I built many years ago.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  29. Church Key

Church Key