Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thread deleted?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by summersshow, Dec 22, 2013.

1. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

I was asking questions about fixing a hudson vs a 63 vair van for a guy thats been hotrodding since the 40s... Why was this thread deleted?

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I went back and looked at your posts to July and didn't find it so I'm not sure.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  3. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

I posted it at around 9:00pm... Recieved message at 9:03pm about it being deleted...

4. silent rick

silent rick

did you post it in the correct forum? there's so much fluff being posted in the traditional hot rod forum, maybe a moderator just found it easier to delete the thread instead of moving it. unless it's hardcore traditional, it probably belongs elsewhere. you'll learn.

edit: i just saw your thread about your pickup. while it's nice work, it doesn't belong in the traditional hot rod forum. i post everything to the tradional discussion and happenings forum. it seems safe there. if it's worthy of a different forum, it will get moved.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

5. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

I still havent figured out the categories for everything...

6. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

Same here summersshow. Had a thread deleted asking about disc brakes.

7. Threads get deleted for many reasons,off topic,some one reports it,or it's in the wrong section.

Try not to take it too seriously,,guys,like me, that's been here for a long time have had a lot of threads closed or deleted..just move on. HRP

8. silent rick

silent rick

i had one deleted

9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You posted your "look what I did in 6 weeks " of you painting your 60's pickup in the "Traditional Hot Rod " Forum ".............. which it is neither Traditional or a Hot Rod.

I moved it to the " Traditionally "Styled" Hot Rods, Customs, & Production Cars "
    I would suggest you post your future cars / trucks in that forum.

If one of your cars or trucks truly fits the "Traditional Hot Rod " forum - a moderator will most likely move it to that forum.

For now - post your projects in the " Traditionally "Styled" Hot Rods, Customs, & Production Cars "

Thanks,

10. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

These categories are new, and thats not the posting I was talking about.

What does classify as a traditional hotrod? since...

1. Traditional Hot Rods - The Traditional Hot Rod forum is reserved for threads and posts pertaining to period correct hot rods only. Please use this forum for technical threads, build threads, historical threads, and feature threads only.

That truck had everything from 1964 in it... and a 1959 gmc color with a 2 tone, and steelies... Could have seen that truck running around in 64...

11. silent rick

silent rick

it's ok, my car isn't traditional either