Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects from a 63 year slumber to the "Race of Gentlemen" 33 5 wdw ford "

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HOLLYWQQD, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Retro61

Retro61

That's Freakin Saweeeet!

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Yours was one of the cars I was really looking forward to see, having followed the build thread from the beginning.
    It certainly didn't disappoint. Really awesome ride!

3. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

thanx, the reality of what we did has still not really set in . it sounds crazy to me even to think that this car literally sat untouched for 63+ years until 7 weeks prior to the race . it would be more understandable if none of the guys working on it had jobs but we all worked full time , managed families (barely) and homes and worked on this thing in spare time to get there . impressed ourselves as much as anyone else i think . and to think that what we did was only a small part of the whole thing . the OILERS did a shit ton of work in not much more time ! and each racer that was there has a story that sounds like mine ! great group of people and cars !!

HOLLYWQQD

4. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

5. I can't stop staring at this pic!!! Just when I think no one under the age of 60 cares about this shit, I get blown away by another new build. Thanks for keeping the fire alive in traditional hot rodding!!

[​IMG]

6. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

thanx for the compliment. look at all of the pics from the race and you can say that about 99% of them . what a crazy time traveling weekend that was , i'm only 39 but i am twice the age of some of the guys that were there that "get it"

7. What a great job you did. From all the pictures It looked like you were having a blast at the races!

8. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

best fun i have ever had with a hot rod , sure beats driving to a show/swap , parking and walking around for a few hours then driving home !!

the OILERS help make hot rodding fun ! LOL

9. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

does anyone have a good way to get go pro video online without spending hours dicking with it ??? i have a video of one run against the white deuce coupe hillclimb car . we were about to take off and there was a bit of a problem at the end of the track so i gave one of the oilers a ride to the finish to check it out so it is basically a slow trip down the beach showing the course start to finish and then when the issue was cleared up we drove back and i got right back in line and made a full speed pass . all of this was filmed using a go pro mounted to my tie rod. so it is a vantage point about 8" off the sand neat video i think some of you would like to see .

10. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

finally got the video edited down from 29 minutes to 8 that actually have stuff going on . sit back with a beverage for a few minutes and pretend you are racing on the beach in jersey in a hopped up flatty powered 33 5 wdw ford coupe LINK TO VIDEO IS DOWN UNDER THE PIC OF HE CAR ......make sure to turn up the volume and listen to this flatty sing

[​IMG]

here is the link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwPtWVcoFQ&feature=youtu.be

o

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That car sounds amazing!

12. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

thanx

13. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Great job, very cool.

14. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Bump for a great video.

15. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Excellent video ... thanks for sharing. However, you get 1 demerit for not getting a closeup of the young hottie with the checkered flag !!

16. seatex

seatex

Two words in one.................BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

After digging out the history of this car and going through the thrash to get it to TROG there is no wAY I could change a thing on that car for at least a couple of years. Just enjoy it the way it is warts and all. Then after a time if you still think it needs updating/changed then go for it. Just remember the old saying "it's only original once" or in this case it's only going to be like this as long as you can keep your hands off it.

Frank

18. brady1929

brady1929

Awesome hot rod

19. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Absolutely awesome! What a great bunch of guys and what a great hot rod. Perfect!

20. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

thanx alot guys . i wish i had the time to upload and post all of my videos but i'm not good at it and it takes me hours . much easier to get the car ready for the race than it was to get the video on here . LOL

21. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Well i just heard that my car is the November car for the 2014 HAMB calendar. i don't even know how to react to that !! hot rod jen ( metalhotrodgirl ) took the pic . It's like a little Christmas gift from the HAMB . i can't wait to see it !!!

HOLLYWQQD

22. CTSVOWNER

CTSVOWNER
    from New Jersey

23. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers