Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Plymouth pb coupe.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by duanevanzandt, Dec 13, 2013.

1. duanevanzandt

duanevanzandt

I have been build an all Mopar street rod for the last three years now. I have spent a lot of time tracking down Mopar parts to make this coupe a nice running ride. Finding all the right parts to built my 1970 340 six pack was a challenge but I finally was able to get all the right stuff. I have a lot of work still to get her finished but it has been coming along great. I installed a 70 challenger rear end and a 70 challenger 727 trans. I was able to find a 1934 Plymouth tube axle and got the disk brakes working great. The only thing left as far as running gear is the shocks. I should have them installed by summer. I will be posting more pictures as soon as I get this forum figured out better. So glad I found all you guys to talk with. Duane Van Zandt

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  2. PB,,not pub,,just saying. HRP

3. duanevanzandt

duanevanzandt

Dang.....I should have check it out before sending. Thank you buddy. I will get better at this....

4. Back in the 70's I had a friend that had a '32 PB coupe and he had a 340 from a Duster,,he used the tranny and rear axle.

There were not a lot of hot rods around at that time and most guys thought it was a chopped top '32 Ford. HRP

5. Love it. These Mopar coupes look wicked tough and those 3X2s look great in there. Leave the hood sides off to show it off.

6. chickenshift

chickenshift

There was one almost identical to yours at the street rod natiionals in springfield mo about 2 years ago. Had been an old hot rod in the 50s and had just been pulled out of its slumber. I fell in love with it.. I have pictures of it I will have to dig up and post. Even the same color but different motor and interior...

7. ezdusit

ezdusit

Duane,
    That looks like a great All-Mopar coupe. I've logged many thousands of miles in a PB coupe and they can't be beat. Welcome to the HAMB...

8. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

sweet ride brother

9. duanevanzandt

duanevanzandt

Thanks a lot guys. This is an awesome club. I wish and hope we can all get together at the Mopar nationals. Soon.

10. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

nice,..I hadn't been on here in a couple years, I get on here and see this! great looking build

11. hallrods

hallrods

Welcome from Wisconsin

12. Nice Plymouth! Keeping it all mopar makes it even better.

13. exterminator

exterminator

14. A good friend of mine has this 32 coupe. They are awesome cars to hot rod. Good luck with yours and welcome aboard.

Attached Files:

15. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome. Love what your doing with it.

16. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Nice pb, own one myself. Still collecting parts for mine. good luck!

17. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

Nice car...I see the steering column is also Challenger..you must have had a nice complete parts car.

18. farmer12

farmer12

Great looking car!

19. Great choice for an engine. Came back to the world in 68 (Army) and bought a 68 Barracuda w/ a 340 4 speed., loved the car. Welcome to HAMB

20. r.l.r

r.l.r

I like where you are going with this, I really like the fact that you went all Mopar. That is the way they should be.

21. ..are you sure this is a 32?,...looks like 33-4, didn't think they had 5 windows in 32 Ply
    [​IMG]

22. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

It's a 33/34 with a ...YAWN.....32 Ford grille

23. ...that's what I thot,...looks kinda like a 32 Ford frame as well?

24. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

Yep..looks like a 32 frame..probably has a small block chevy to round out the anti-mopar package

25. filthy frank

filthy frank

that looks like a thirty three plymouth on a thirty two ford frame ! not sure about the grill ?

26. chickenshift

chickenshift

Its a 34 plymouth the windshield posts have more of a rake than a 33 plymouth

27. chickenshift

chickenshift

im looking forward to the build on this 32. love these old mopars

28. chickenshift

chickenshift

Here are pictures of the 32 Plymouth I mentioned earlier. They must have made a lot of them this color, ive seen four different ones the past couple years...

Attached Files:

29. fordv8

fordv8
    from California

Great looking car! The six pack looks awesome.