Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seasons Greetings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 20, 2013.

1. With the Holiday Season in full swing please be careful and don't Drink & Drive.

This marks 10 years since my daughter was hit head on by a drunk driver and our family has to live with the effects of this accident every day.

Be safe,call a cab or have a designated driver. HRP

2. upspirate

upspirate

Thanks for posting this HRP.
    Merry Christmas,and Happy safe Holidays to all

3. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Thanks Mr Primer...

Merry Christmas
    Everybody,
    Please be careful over the Holiday season..
    Enjoy your Familys
    May GOD bless you all..

4. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

5. I had no idea HRP! Like everyone, Thanks for posting this, it could be any of us dealing with the same thing.
    Be Safe & Merry Christmas,

6. We have twin daughters,Melinda was trapped in the car and it caught fire,,she was pregnant and unconscious with sever head trauma at the time and her 3 year old was strapped in her car seat in the back.

The drunk fled the scene and a fast thinking off duty fireman save their lives.

Melinda survived the accident and went through plastic surgery and a broken leg and ankle,,she can't cope with any stress and her marriage failed.

She needed only one more semester and she would have earned her RN degree.

This is to clarify that we didn't lose anyone in the accident,,but due to the accident my daughter is not the same person. HRP

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

all this saddness because someone thought he was ok to drive. do not do it folks. way too much at risk. sorry to hear about your situation hrp.

8. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting HRP. It brings to light a problem that needs more light shed on it. God Bless and best of wishes to you and yours.

9. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas Danny. I am happy to have met you. Thank God I learned a long time ago not to mix drinking and driving. I stopped before I killed someone. Now I seldom drink and don't miss it a bit. Its just not worth the grief for the small bit of pleasure some people get out of it.

10. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks HRP for this reminder.[​IMG]

11. May God Bless you and your family Danny.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

12. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy Holidays to HRP--sorry for your tragedy and a very timely message about drinking and driving-happens a lot this time of year. Gave that up many years ago.

13. Have had the privilege to pull a few of those drunks of the road. Yes it felt very good to cuff and stuff them. You all have a Merry Christmas and remember why we have Christmas. Be safe.

14. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Yes, God Bless you, your family and especially your daughter.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. Be responsible adults, ladies and gentlemen.

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Bump to the top. No patience for drunk driving. I'm sorry you have to mark the holidays with a memory like that HRP.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for the reminder, and sharing the tragic event. Hope that Christmas will be good for you and yours

17. HRP,
    Thanks for posting this.
    Everyone needs a reminder...

I have been sober for 23 years and I'm the designated driver!

18. tallhtrddr

tallhtrddr

God bless HRP, wishing you a very special holiday

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I've never been much of a drinker; I think because both my grandfathers were severely alcoholic and died from it. Our mother scared me and my sisters off doing it much. My capacity (the few times I've drunk) is bordering on monstrous - maybe its genetic? So I just don't. I'm always the designated driver too.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Happy Holidays, HRP.

21. be safe everybody. merry christmas. HRP did they ever find the sob?

22. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Thanks Danny,,,Hope you and yours have a Happy Christmas. Howard

23. big bad john

big bad john

Good advice......Happy Holidays

24. Well said HRP. Don't be "that guy" who thinks he's good enough to drive. There's more people than you on the road. Merry Christmas to all you fine HAMB brothers and sisters.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. Yes,stolen car,leaving the scene of a accident,DUI,possession of drugs. HRP

26. Wow Danny, I had no idea. I certainly wish her continued improvement. I hope you and yours have the best holiday season.

27. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh dear.

HRP, even though we don't know Melinda personally...but considering that you're our brother and she's your daughter...I'd ask you to express the Hamb's collective sentiment of love for her, and our best Christmas wishes as well. And keep a little for yourself too.

Bless you and your family. Bless us all.

28. Model T1

Model T1

Well written. This goes for our family to all of you.