Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Y-Block 239 Carb Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by High Class Rat, Dec 20, 2013.

1. I am rebuilding the carb, a Holley 2100 from a 1954 Ford F100. The base of the carb sat on a stack of gaskets, consisting of five thick gaskets that are made from steel with some type of fiber coating. They are stapled together and sandwiched between two regular gaskets. They are made from steel with some type of fiber coating. Stacked together they are 1/4" in height. If they are stock, what purpose do they serve? Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. It isolates the carburetor from the heat of the manifold to help prevent vapor lock.

3. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

4. Thank you for your replies. I though it might be for heat but wasn't sure.

Johnny Bondo: Thanks for the link. I searched for "card spacers" and didn't find anything.

5. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Getcha a piece of sheet metal and make a heat sinc. I took a 5x5 or so and gasketed it on either side and though it looks kinda funky, because I never went back and made it pretty, it works like a champ. I also run an electric pump.