Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A "Little" Willys Pickup Gasser Project....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kennkat, Dec 11, 2013.

1. kennkat

kennkat

Building a "Gasser Replica" here... I had the body delivered a almost 3 months back, been so busy I finally started gathering pieces for this '41 Willys Gasser build 2 weeks ago. I had a plan in my head already, so the construction is moving rite along now. It's a "spare time project" Ha, Ha.. Here is the body as delivered (red) and after the body work in gray primer, along with a pic of one of our early mock-ups. Just for reference I have included a pic of it sitting in the back of my girlfriend's Jeep Liberty! Plans call for a Harbor Freight 3HP motor...

Attached Files:

2. kennkat

kennkat

Here are some early shots of the frame. More pix of the "rolling chassis" and as it is now, nearly completed.... Oooh, that Harbor Freight Horsepower!!! Lol. Check out the "Fender-well Header"...:):):)

Attached Files:

3. kennkat

kennkat

Here are a few pix with the body on the now powered chassis... :):):)

Attached Files:

4. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

Some lucky kid will get that for Christmas

5. kennkat

kennkat

Update - Painted it today.... Here are three pix of it while still in the booth drying. That's "Fernando" the painter that donated his services to the project. Looking at the color, anyone want to make a guess what "Gasser Great" we are copying here???? :):):)

Attached Files:

6. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow-I need one!!!!!!!!

7. kennkat

kennkat

More Chassis construction Pix...:):):) And the New "Upholstery":):):)

Attached Files:

8. kennkat

kennkat

The Chassis painted...:):):) & Assembled...:):):) All the aluminum parts are polished even the rear axle! :):):) That rear bumper and "Fenderwell Header" are Polished Stainless :):):)

Attached Files:

9. kennkat

kennkat

All together now :):):) And awaiting the lettering and some air brush chrome & headlites :):):)

Attached Files:

10. kennkat

kennkat

:D Well..... You are partly correct, it is a Christmas gift. ;) I did this with Bob Panella Jr's assistance, for his Dad. :cool: I "delivered" it today, in the bed of Bob Panella's Dexter Bennett restored '41 Willys Pickup :) I presented it to him this afternoon in a small ceremony , giving special thanks to all who contributed to this project :) All were present except for 1, the body maker :) Also on hand were about 25 Panella Trucking shop & dispatch employees :) It is designed to be the "Mini Me" to his famous '41 Willys Gasser Pickup :) Just a shame I could not get the airbrush work done first...:eek::eek::eek: Was not a lack of planning on my part! :mad: Lets just say that there is one lettering/striping paint guy that will not be called upon in the near future :mad:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  11. elgringo71

elgringo71

Great job! I bet bob loved it and soon it will match his 41 gasser pickup