Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Early 50's 4 door customs...

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Hans, Nov 8, 2007.

1. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

Not exactly a custom at the moment, or an early fifties but saw someone mentioned 57 fords.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

straykatkustoms likes this.
  2. scoTT la rock

scoTT la rock
    from NJ

i'll play....

[​IMG]

straykatkustoms likes this.
  3. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

user1979_pic121217_1256523447.jpg
    Lots a stitches in this ol 4dr.....but it turned out real nice...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  4. I love four door cars and I wish more people would leave em four doors. Some real nice cars on this thread .

5. brandoni

brandoni

Here's an old picture of mine.

Attached Files:

6. 1950 fleetline

1950 fleetline
    from San Diego

Always loved these in four doors, here is mine, just enjoyed it this weekend for the first time in three years. 1387249034724.jpg 1387249048040.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. hey I dig an old car no matta how many doors it may have. besides, you can fit more girls in a four door :D

8. bhead1968

bhead1968
    from so-fla

keeping the more doors alive.. my sled..

[​IMG]

9. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

I wish I had pictures of the 53 Olds 4dr that I had. Full mild custom done in the 50's and updated in the 60's. It was all done with lead, typical custom touches, but the stacked 55 Merc lenses in the rear were unusual. Louvered hood and metalflake red paint were added later. I also had a lot of fun with a 57 Chevy 4dr hrdtp that I customized. The purists hated it. I think I still have some pictures of it I'll have to post.

10. I just saw a Buick just like the one posted above today. It was cruising down the freeway shutting every other car down around it. Looked great and yes it was a 4 door hardtop.

11. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Here's my more door.

Attached Files:

VonKool13 likes this.
  12. rodl

rodl

This thread has been an interesting ride....seeing viewpoints from around the globe. As my fellow Aussie HAMBers have mentioned we mainly had 4 doors built or assembled here - with a handful of 2 doors thrown in. From what I understand - the Kiwis got more 2 doors than we did - possibly because their country is actually 2 islands - didn't want to jam up the little roads! :D
    That said we had/have some really cool 4 door customs here. My 55 Cusso was purchased as per the pic. Currently got the front clip off, rebuilding the Y Block - with the help of John Mummerts' go faster bits (when I get 'em). Other plans are to give the old dear a mid to late 50's stance ie lower in the rear. I plan for this to be my cruiser, while my 41 Pontiac 2 door will be my street rod - 50's style - hopefully later this year:cool:
    :mad:the pic won't upload- will post later when I sort it!

13. speaks

speaks
    1. 4 door kustoms

I have just finished deleting the rear quarter windows on my 50. I had some glass cut to an mdf template I made, then I just installed new bailey channel. It is a simple mod, but I think it looks a lot cleaner.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. curtisgreenjeans

curtisgreenjeans

Here's my '51. I love the old beast—extra doors and all.

'51 @ Warehouse.jpg

15. OleEven

OleEven
    from Norway

Speaks, Nice touch with removing the window, want to di the same to my 52 ford. You got the nicest car in the tread. So cool.

16. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Wife's car the Merc, couple old Plymouth's and Chrysler

Attached Files:

17. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

Wow that looks great speaks! I always wanted to do that up my 49 but didn't know if you could.

18. rodl

rodl

nice work! I had to look twice to make sure it was a Humpy!

19. speaks

speaks
    1. 4 door kustoms

Thanks, but there are a lot of nice cars in this thread

Thanks, it is actually quite easy to do, the only difference now is the window doesn't quite roll down all the way.

20. rodl

rodl

Thanks, it is actually quite easy to do, the only difference now is the window doesn't quite roll down all the way.[/QUOTE]
    A roof chop could easily take care of that;)

21. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

This is my daily driver and one I chopped.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Y I W O R K

Y I W O R K

When I was 10 years old we got my entire little league baseball team in this barn find Buick and rolled down to the local ballpark to play all our parents! It's been in storage for 30 years, just got the original 320 running again and am now going through cooling, brakes etc. to get her ready for the road again. I will leave the roof alone and just focus on drop, WW and detailing for the first phase. More doors is more fun for cruising in my book! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396375581.655056.jpg

23. cmarcus

cmarcus

Love this, and was wondering for myself as well for my 50. I have a broken vent window as it is...so maybe this is the way to go. I have a great glass guy, might just need to do this!

24. 54 four doors.

Attached Files:

25. chrisp

chrisp

My 58 Renault Fregate, droped 2.5" (can't go any lower because of the quantity and height of the speed bumps we have around here), Caddy hubcaps, 1 spotlight, twin 81 stromberg 2.6 liter Renault 4 cylinder engine instead of the single Solex carb 2.0 stock engine. If budget allows : white walls.
    [​IMG]
    I'm missing the front bumper on this picture, and I have a itch for chromed garnish moldings, we'll see...

koolkemp likes this.
  26. I like these Fregates. Lots of potential if you ever do decide to make a coupe out of it.

27. chrisp

chrisp

I also have a wagon but I chopped it and converted it to 2 doors, I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep this sedan though, restoring an old farm is tuff on a single income... But if I keep it after I'm done with the wagon, the Shitroen, the 32 and the Zedel I'll get back to this one to carson top it or make a fastback...

koolkemp likes this.
  28. A fastback would be awesome. I may have to photoshop that.
    I did two door one in PS, but I was never that happy with it. I can do better.

29. woah, somebody pulled a 90's. that thing looks killer though.

30. catbox

catbox

Here is my '54 back when it was on hydraulics....
    [​IMG]

Here it is at full extension with the rims it had on it when it came home to me...
    [​IMG]

injebreck99 likes this.