Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's happening in San Antonio??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40, Dec 18, 2003.

1. 40

Hello,I and a group of guys are planning a trip to San Antonio.We will have all of the day,Dec 28th and most of the day,Dec 29th open and was wondering if someone might suggest a few things that we should see/do in the area.We prefer something car related but we do have to eat and it never hurts to know where the beer is cold and the ladies beautifull [​IMG]

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Daryle, I guess you should have stated you were coming to town with a bunch of hot rod chicks........ then you would have gotten the SA guys coming out of the wooodwork to suggest sites to see, junkyards to visit and good eatin places, not to mention being willing to actually SHOW you and your "female" friends around these sites. [​IMG]

Have a good time bud, and try to stay out of trouble down there. [​IMG]

3. Andy

Andy

I like to go to the RIVER WALk. The San Antonio River has a built up shopping and eatig area along the river downtown. At night with the Christmas lights it's beautiful. Eat at one of the resturants and watch the barges go by. The old missions are great. Think some date to 1600 something.There are 5 old missions there. The Alamo is one of course but is the youngest, I think. Crease and Barnett live in SA but I live in Kerrville, 60 miles North in the Hill Country.If nothing else you could come up here. I am older and like 32's and hemi's and 60 Chevys and airplanes. Hope you have a good time here.

4. Hey 40, I was outta town for a day and half...didn't want you to think we were shinin' you! I'll p.m. you my #...maybe me and Crease can give you the nickel tour of our garages and stuff. I can show you to some good low budget eats too...you'er kinda on your own as far as checking out the chickies though...sorry, I just don't get out much. I'm in the middle of getting ready for a big tattoo convention, but I'm sure I can break free for a couple hours to goof off. Give me a call a day or 2 before you come, to remind me...I think the One-Shot is starting to cloud my memory. [​IMG]

Dan

5. 40

Thanks for the replies.I guess I could have taken LadyCrusrs advice, but when I showed up with our crew of hairy knuckle draggers I would have been in big trouble.Our main mission is to watch the Huskers kick ass in the bowl game,we are staying about 6 blocks from the stadium so we will be very close to the River Walk.They sent us a couple of brochures detailing all of the touristy stuff but we were hoping to come up with something car related,perhaps a cruise spot or two,hot rod shops,etc.I am always on the hunt for old iron or a project or two.If the weather is warm and the beer cold,I guess we'll get by!

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Dan, Daryle (40) is one of my dearest hot rod friends. Please do what you can to show him a good time or steer him in the right direction. I would consider it a personal favor to me. He has shown me nothing but a super time whenever I'm in his area or the many times per year we get together at the different shows across the country. Daryle probley has the most seat time in Big Olds over all my other buds. Watch out though, he has a habit of sniffing out great deals on hot rods and is likely to wipe out any and all the great tin in the SA area. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Elrod

Elrod

I was about to say, "If the weather is warm???" But then I see you are from Nebraska, so a 48 degree afternoon is probably like a summer day to you! Just about freezes all of us thin blooded texans into statues.

Have a great time down there in San Antonio. Make sure you go see the basement at the Alamo!

8. Hey Dan, if there is room on that garage tour let me know. I will get Andy to stretch his Hemi out, and I will freeze my butt off in my little flatty. Hey Crease, does your 33 still run, or are you working? [​IMG]

Sandman
    Barons
    So.Texas

9. 40

Thanks Denise,I have enjoyed every minute of my "Seat Time" in Big Olds...even if a lot of those minutes were spent sitting on a wet seat [​IMG] Looking forward to our next visit...If I don't spend too much money in San Antonio,Perhaps I'll make it to Detroit for the Autorama! 48 degrees...That's shorts and T-shirt weather for us...we haven't seen 48 for a couple of months [​IMG]